PDA

View Full Version : ieframe.dll not a valid windows image AND some other stuff

italianzero
2008-04-22, 04:53
The Windows frame around "things" disappears sometimes, and I can only see the "Close", "Minimize", etc. buttons if I move my mouse over them. Also, I have frequent problems with AIM lately in that when opening, the Load screen will just say "Bad image," the task manager wont open often saying "insufficient system resources." And the newest item, today when I tried to open AIM an error box opened that stated "C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll is not a valid windows image." Another problem that coincides with this is that anytime a folder is opened with a video file in it (the folder open, not the file) Windows explorer would experience an error and close...then drwtsn.exe would experience an error and close...No scan I have dont has returned results including: Trend Micro Internet Security, Kaspersky On-line Scan, Spybot S&D, etc. I understand this may not be a Malware problem but I have not been able to get help anywhere else so any assisstance would be much appreciated. I also have a fresh KAV and HJT log to post if needed.....Thank you in advance

italianzero
2008-04-22, 04:59
I forgot to mention, a few days ago I utilized the recovery CD that came with my laptop and I am still having these problems.

little eagle
2008-04-27, 06:15
I also have a fresh KAV and HJT log to post if needed.....Thank you in advance
That would be nice.

Reboot and rescan with HiJackThis and post a new log here.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

italianzero
2008-04-28, 04:47
Maxthon Browser only opens for a split second then closes. Internet Explorer works but if I enter an address into the address bar an error pops up that says: "The specifified module could not be found." When I try to open the Trend Micro control panel an error comes up that says "Failed to Create Empty Document." Every other start-up or so, my keyboard will not work and I have to restart. I get multiple errors stating " insufficient resources to carry out the specified task" however it doe snot appear as though my memory is being used up. A week ago I utilized the recovery CD to reload the OS and it appears to have not helped. Prior to reloading the OS anytime I opened a windows folder that contained video files "explorer.exe experienced a problem and needs to close" errors would occur, then "drwtsn32.exe" errors would occur. I also had an error whenever I opened AIM 6.5 that stated "ieframe.dll is not a valid windows image and only half of the AIM interface would load. I uninstalled IE7 and this problem seems ot have resolved. I did scan disk and no sectors came back with error, I ran memtest and everything past 100%. Here is the HiJack This Log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:41:16 PM, on 4/27/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Toshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] CHDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pinger] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanUp] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UfSeAgnt.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1208244371718
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\TOSHIBA Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

::KAV LOGFILE::
Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 84346
Number of viruses found: 0
Number of infected objects: 0
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 00:58:33

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\logs\ehRecvr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\MxBoost\data.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008042120080422\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\Temp\~DF864E.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\Temp\~DF875F.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\I4EB3Y3V\main[1].htm Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Trusted.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{4DF7BEB3-E3D2-473C-B32D-682F2CA7D884}\RP16\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Registration\{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}.{AA44B335-3897-464D-94BB-C6E2864EDB70}.crmlog Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\EventCache\{E5D614FB-9B78-403E-AD22-FE63478DABB8}.bin Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Media Ce.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\HTTPERR\httperr1.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
E:\System Volume Information\_restore{4DF7BEB3-E3D2-473C-B32D-682F2CA7D884}\RP16\change.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

little eagle
2008-04-28, 13:00
Download ComboFix from Here (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe) or Here (http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe) to your Desktop.

In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download.
It must be saved directly to your desktop.

1. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan.
Click on this link (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html) to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
Remember to re enable the protection again afterwards before connecting to the net

2. Close any open browsers and make sure you are disconnected from the net. Unplug the cable if need be before running combofix.

IF you have not already done so Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet when it starts.
If there is no internet connection when Combofix has completely finished then restart your computer to restore back the connections.

3. Now double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.

italianzero
2008-04-29, 01:34
Ok, here is the Combofix log followed by the new HJT log...

ComboFix 08-04-27.3 - Nixxer.Gixxer 2008-04-28 16:23:58.1 - NTFSx86
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED !!

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-03-28 to 2008-04-28 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-04-23 18:42 . 2008-04-23 18:42 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\FileASSASSIN
2008-04-23 18:27 . 2008-04-23 18:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Assassin G13
2008-04-23 18:25 . 2008-04-23 18:25 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations
2008-04-22 17:58 . 2007-08-13 18:52 66,048 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\ieResetIcons.exe
2008-04-22 17:58 . 2008-04-22 17:58 230 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\spupdsvc.inf
2008-04-21 22:27 . 2008-04-21 22:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\AIM6
2008-04-21 18:01 . 2008-04-21 18:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2008-04-21 18:01 . 2008-04-21 18:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab
2008-04-17 19:26 . 2008-04-22 18:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\skypePM
2008-04-17 19:26 . 2008-04-17 19:26 32 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ezsid.dat
2008-04-17 19:25 . 2008-04-22 22:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\Skype
2008-04-17 19:24 . 2008-04-17 19:24 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Skype
2008-04-17 19:24 . 2008-04-17 19:24 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype
2008-04-17 19:24 . 2008-04-17 19:24 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype
2008-04-17 19:20 . 2004-08-03 23:07 59,264 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\USBAUDIO.sys
2008-04-17 19:20 . 2004-08-03 23:07 59,264 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\usbaudio.sys
2008-04-17 19:20 . 2004-08-03 23:08 31,616 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbccgp.sys
2008-04-17 19:20 . 2004-08-03 23:08 31,616 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\usbccgp.sys
2008-04-16 21:49 . 2008-04-16 21:49 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack
2008-04-16 21:49 . 2008-04-16 21:50 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\Media Player Classic
2008-04-16 21:49 . 2007-09-04 09:56 164,352 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\unrar.dll
2008-04-16 18:15 . 2008-04-27 19:38 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\MxBoost
2008-04-16 18:13 . 2008-04-16 18:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Maxthon2
2008-04-15 23:29 . 2008-04-15 23:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe
2008-04-15 20:25 . 2007-07-30 19:19 271,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mucltui.dll
2008-04-15 20:25 . 2007-07-30 19:19 30,072 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mucltui.dll.mui
2008-04-15 18:25 . 2008-04-15 18:25 33,412 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlfcache.dat
2008-04-15 17:33 . 2008-04-28 16:12 54,156 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
2008-04-15 17:33 . 2008-04-15 17:33 1,409 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for
2008-04-15 17:32 . 2008-04-15 17:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iTunes
2008-04-15 17:32 . 2008-04-15 17:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iPod
2008-04-15 17:32 . 2008-04-15 18:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\Apple Computer
2008-04-15 17:31 . 2008-04-15 17:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
2008-04-15 17:30 . 2008-04-15 17:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2008-04-15 17:30 . 2008-04-15 17:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2008-04-15 17:30 . 2008-04-15 17:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer
2008-04-15 17:30 . 2008-02-18 11:16 30,464 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbaapl.sys
2008-04-15 17:29 . 2008-04-15 17:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2008-04-15 17:29 . 2008-04-15 17:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
2008-04-15 17:19 . 2008-04-15 17:20 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\WildTangent
2008-04-15 17:18 . 2008-04-15 17:19 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\WildTangent
2008-04-15 16:46 . 2008-04-15 16:46 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\L&H
2008-04-15 16:28 . 2008-04-15 16:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\acccore
2008-04-15 16:26 . 2008-04-15 16:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL OCP
2008-04-15 16:08 . 2007-12-04 11:38 550,912 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\oleaut32.dll
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2008-03-01 06:06 6,066,176 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ieframe.dll
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2007-06-30 20:31 2,455,488 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ieapfltr.dat
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2007-06-30 20:36 991,232 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ieframe.dll.mui
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2008-03-01 06:06 459,264 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\msfeeds.dll
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2008-03-01 06:06 383,488 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ieapfltr.dll
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2008-03-01 06:06 267,776 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iertutil.dll
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2008-03-01 06:06 63,488 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\icardie.dll
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2008-03-01 06:06 52,224 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\msfeedsbs.dll
2008-04-15 15:46 . 2008-02-22 03:00 13,824 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ieudinit.exe
2008-04-15 15:36 . 2006-06-03 04:40 33,792 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\custsat.dll
2008-04-15 02:05 . 2008-04-15 02:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles
2008-04-15 01:06 . 2006-08-21 02:14 128,896 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\fltmgr.sys
2008-04-15 01:06 . 2006-08-21 02:14 23,040 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\fltmc.exe
2008-04-15 01:06 . 2006-08-21 05:21 16,896 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\fltlib.dll
2008-04-15 00:56 . 2008-04-15 00:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\MSXML 4.0
2008-04-15 00:16 . 2007-07-09 06:09 584,192 -----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\rpcrt4.dll
2008-04-14 23:44 . 2006-03-20 20:23 23,040 --------- C:\WINDOWS\kb913800.exe
2008-04-14 23:33 . 2008-04-14 23:33 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2008-04-14 23:33 . 2008-04-14 23:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2008-04-14 23:31 . 2008-04-14 23:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-04-14 23:30 . 2008-04-14 23:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-04-14 23:30 . 2008-04-28 16:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-04-14 23:10 . 2008-02-15 23:39 138,384 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys
2008-04-14 23:10 . 2008-02-15 23:39 52,496 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmactmon.sys
2008-04-14 23:10 . 2008-02-15 23:39 52,240 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmevtmgr.sys
2008-04-14 23:09 . 2008-04-14 23:09 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Trend Micro
2008-04-14 22:59 . 2008-04-14 22:59 2 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\msoffice.ini
2008-04-14 22:45 . 2008-04-21 19:33 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-04-14 22:45 . 2001-08-17 13:48 12,160 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mouhid.sys
2008-04-14 22:45 . 2001-08-17 13:48 12,160 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mouhid.sys
2008-04-14 22:45 . 2001-08-17 14:02 9,600 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\hidusb.sys
2008-04-14 22:45 . 2001-08-17 14:02 9,600 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\hidusb.sys
2008-04-14 22:35 . 2008-04-14 22:35 <DIR> d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\UserData
2008-04-14 22:34 . 2004-08-03 23:08 26,496 --a--c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\usbstor.sys
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2006-03-02 17:03 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\You've Got Pictures Screensaver
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2006-03-02 17:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\toshiba
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2006-03-02 16:54 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\Intuit
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2006-03-03 11:22 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\InterVideo
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2008-04-14 22:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\Intel
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2008-04-14 22:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\Application Data\AOL
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2008-04-28 00:10 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer
2008-04-14 22:33 . 2008-04-28 16:28 1,024 --ah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Nixxer.Gixxer\ntuser.dat.LOG
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2006-03-02 17:03 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\You've Got Pictures Screensaver
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2006-03-02 17:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\toshiba
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2006-03-02 16:54 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Intuit
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2006-03-03 11:22 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\InterVideo
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2008-04-14 22:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\Intel
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2006-03-02 17:16 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data\AOL
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2008-04-14 22:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\AVerMedia
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2008-04-14 22:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intel
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2008-04-14 22:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Intel
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2008-04-14 22:32 21,275 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AegisP.sys
2008-04-14 22:32 . 2008-04-28 16:14 1,024 --ah----- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\NTUSER.DAT.LOG
2008-04-14 22:31 . 2008-04-15 17:30 <DIR> d----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE
2008-04-14 22:31 . 2008-04-14 22:32 1,024 --ah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\ntuser.dat.LOG
2008-04-14 22:25 . 2005-11-03 15:21 135,168 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxres.dll
2008-03-28 23:37 . 2008-03-28 23:37 90,112 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTimeVR.qtx
2008-03-28 23:37 . 2008-03-28 23:37 57,344 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\QuickTime.qts

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-04-22 05:36 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
2008-04-22 05:36 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint
2008-04-22 05:35 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL
2008-04-22 05:08 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nullsoft
2008-04-17 13:53 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Google
2008-04-16 00:13 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Toshiba
2008-04-15 23:55 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync
2008-04-15 23:26 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL
2008-04-15 06:17 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Metamail Inc
2008-04-15 06:03 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Pure Networks
2008-04-15 05:59 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\AOL
2008-04-15 05:32 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Intel
2008-03-19 09:47 1,845,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
2008-02-20 06:51 282,624 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll
2008-02-20 05:32 45,568 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsrslvr.dll
2008-02-16 09:32 666,112 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wininet.dll
2008-01-29 19:02 107,368 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\GEARAspi.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"TOSCDSPD"="C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe" [2004-12-30 01:32 65536]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-10 05:00 15360]
"MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 09:24 1694208]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ehTray"="C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-08-05 14:56 64512]
"High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut"="CHDAudPropShortcut.exe" [2005-12-29 15:21 61952 C:\WINDOWS\system32\CHDAudPropShortcut.exe]
"SynTPEnh"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2005-12-16 17:32 761945]
"SmoothView"="C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe" [2005-04-26 17:13 122880]
"DLA"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE" [2005-10-06 06:20 122940]
"Pinger"="c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe" [2005-03-17 18:37 151552]
"igfxtray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-11-03 15:25 98304]
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-11-03 15:22 77824]
"igfxpers"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-11-03 15:26 118784]
"IntelZeroConfig"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe" [2005-12-05 12:37 667718]
"IntelWireless"="C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" [2005-11-28 11:41 602182]
"CleanUp"="C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe" [ ]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-03-30 10:36 267048]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"InstallVisualStyle"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
"InstallTheme"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run-]
"MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
"swg"=C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run-]
"Toshiba Hotkey Utility"="c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Windows Utilities\Hotkey.exe" /lang en
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
"UfSeAgnt.exe"="C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\McAfeeAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\TrendFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"C:\\TOSHIBA\\ivp\\NetInt\\Netint.exe"=
"C:\\TOSHIBA\\Ivp\\ISM\\pinger.exe"= C:\\TOSHIBA\\IVP\\ISM\\pinger.exe
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AolCoach\\en_en\\player\\AOLNySEV.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\AIM6\\aim6.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe"=

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-04-16 00:30:27 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe

catchme 0.3.1353 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-04-28 16:27:41
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-04-28 16:30:01
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-04-28 23:29:37

Pre-Run: 85,876,527,104 bytes free
Post-Run: 85,941,911,552 bytes free

205 --- E O F --- 2008-04-23 05:19:00

Scan saved at 4:30:51 PM, on 4/28/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] CHDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanUp] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1208244371718
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\TOSHIBA Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 7863 bytes

little eagle
2008-04-29, 04:57
I'd like to see an Uninstall List.
Please open up HijackThis.
Click on Open the Misc Tools section button
Click on Open Uninstall Manager
Click on Save
A notepad document will open with a list of your installed programs.
Please copy that into your reply.

italianzero
2008-04-29, 05:08
here ya go...

Ad-Aware 2007
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Adobe Reader 7.0
Adobe Shockwave Player 11
AIM 6
AOL Coach Version 2.0(Build:20041026.5 en)
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
ArcSoft Software Suite
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Blasterball 2 Revolution
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba
Bonjour
CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer
Conexant HD Audio
DVD-RAM Driver
ESPNMotion
FATE
GemMaster Mystic
HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB947864)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 10 (KB903157)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB888795)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB891593)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB893357)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB894871)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB895200)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB895961)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB896256)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB899337)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB899510)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB902841)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915865)
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Intel(R) PRO Network Connections Drivers
Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software
InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2
InterVideo WinDVD for TOSHIBA
iTunes
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
K-Lite Codec Pack 3.9.0 Standard
Macromedia Flash Player 8
Maxthon2 Browser (remove only)
mCore
mDrWiFi
Metamail (Toshiba Registration Utility)
mHelp
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB930494)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office OneNote 2003
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
Microsoft Works
mIWA
mLogView
mMHouse
mPfMgr
mPfWiz
mProSafe
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
mWlsSafe
mXML
mZConfig
Office 2003 Trial Assistant
Otto
Polar Golfer
Quicken 2006
QuickTime
RealPlayer Basic
SCRABBLE
SD Secure Module
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941693)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB945553)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB947864)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948590)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948881)
Skype™ 3.6
Sonic DLA
Sonic Encoders
Sonic RecordNow!
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
Texas Instruments PCIxx21/x515/xx12 drivers.
TOSHIBA Assist
TOSHIBA ConfigFree
Toshiba Controls Utility
TOSHIBA Game Console
TOSHIBA PC Diagnostic Tool
TOSHIBA SD Memory Card Format
TOSHIBA Software Upgrades
TOSHIBA Speech System Applications
TOSHIBA Speech System SR Engine(U.S.) Version1.0
TOSHIBA Speech System TTS Engine(U.S.) Version1.0
Toshiba Touchpad Utility
TOSHIBA TV Tuner 4.0.12.73
Toshiba Utility
TOSHIBA Zooming Utility
Trend Micro Internet Security
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB913800)
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB926251)
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Update for Windows XP (KB912945)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Viewpoint Media Player
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB884018
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885884
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB889673
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890546
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893056
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB888316
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB894553
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB895678
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB908250
Yahoo! Music Engine

little eagle
2008-04-29, 13:10
In add and remove programs let's remove.
Ad-Aware 2007
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
Viewpoint Media Player

------------------------------------

Be sure to keep SunJava, updated.
Download Newest >>>> http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Once installed you can test to see that it is in fact installed >>>>
Sun Java Test (http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp)

Run - ATF Cleaner instructions here. (http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?t=1925)

----------------

Then download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt

italianzero
2008-05-01, 02:11
Malwarebytes Log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11
Database version: 699

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|E:\|F:\|)
Objects scanned: 117289
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 15 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Upon restart prior to running Malwarebytes and after running ATF cleaner, my computer froze 3 times at the "Windows is starting up" screen. I had to choose "Last good configuration" to get it to load...

little eagle
2008-05-01, 03:32
Let's remove IE7 in add and remove programs then reinstall it.

EDIT:
Never mind I wasn't looking at the hijackthis log. You are running IE6
I'll look for a answer.

italianzero
2008-05-01, 03:44
Thank you, I appreciate the help.

little eagle
2008-05-04, 12:56
Sorry I didn't find anything that my help you :red:

italianzero
2008-05-05, 04:53
Damn, unfortunately I am not surprised. Thanks a lot for all ur help though!

little eagle
2008-05-06, 06:22
Well lets do a little cleanup And no I don't know if this will help. :red:

Download and run - ATF Cleaner instructions here. (http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?t=1925)

----------------------------------------

Let's do a little cleanup.

Click START then RUN
Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /U, it needs to be there.

http://nutnworks.com/img/CF_Cleanup.png

----------------------------------------

I'd also like to see an Uninstall List.
Please open up HijackThis.
Click on Open the Misc Tools section button
Click on Open Uninstall Manager
Click on Save
A notepad document will open with a list of your installed programs.
Please copy that into your reply.

italianzero
2008-05-09, 04:46
Here ya go..

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Adobe Reader 7.0
Adobe Shockwave Player 11
AIM 6
AOL Coach Version 2.0(Build:20041026.5 en)
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
ArcSoft Software Suite
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Blasterball 2 Revolution
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba
Bonjour
CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer
Conexant HD Audio
DVD-RAM Driver
ESPNMotion
FATE
GemMaster Mystic
HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB947864)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 10 (KB903157)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB888795)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB891593)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB893357)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB894871)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB895200)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB895961)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB896256)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB899337)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB899510)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB902841)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915865)
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
Intel(R) PRO Network Connections Drivers
Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software
InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2
InterVideo WinDVD for TOSHIBA
iTunes
Java(TM) 6 Update 5
K-Lite Codec Pack 3.9.0 Standard
Macromedia Flash Player 8
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
mCore
mDrWiFi
Metamail (Toshiba Registration Utility)
mHelp
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB930494)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office OneNote 2003
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
Microsoft Works
mIWA
mLogView
mMHouse
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.14)
mPfMgr
mPfWiz
mProSafe
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
mWlsSafe
mXML
mZConfig
Office 2003 Trial Assistant
Otto
Polar Golfer
Quicken 2006
QuickTime
RealPlayer Basic
SCRABBLE
SD Secure Module
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941693)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB945553)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB947864)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948590)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948881)
Skype™ 3.6
Sonic DLA
Sonic Encoders
Sonic RecordNow!
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
Texas Instruments PCIxx21/x515/xx12 drivers.
TOSHIBA Assist
TOSHIBA ConfigFree
Toshiba Controls Utility
TOSHIBA Game Console
TOSHIBA PC Diagnostic Tool
TOSHIBA SD Memory Card Format
TOSHIBA Software Upgrades
TOSHIBA Speech System Applications
TOSHIBA Speech System SR Engine(U.S.) Version1.0
TOSHIBA Speech System TTS Engine(U.S.) Version1.0
Toshiba Touchpad Utility
TOSHIBA TV Tuner 4.0.12.73
Toshiba Utility
TOSHIBA Zooming Utility
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB913800)
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB926251)
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Update for Windows XP (KB912945)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB884018
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885884
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB889673
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890546
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893056
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB888316
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB894553
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB895678
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB908250
Yahoo! Music Engine

little eagle
2008-05-09, 15:03
First let's download the old VB version an install it over the one you have.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98ME/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe

------------------------------

The flush any DNS caches you have control over.
Two examples are routers that act as proxy nameservers, and versions of Windows that support DNS caching.

The way to fix the router cache is to power cycle the router I would reset it there is a area for a pin in back or the router.

The way to fix XP/Win2K's is to enter the command "ipconfig /flushdns" at a
cmd.exe prompt.

Click start > all programs >accessories >command prompt and type in

ipconfig /flushdns <<<there is a space between the g and /

------------------------------------------------

Download the HostsXpert 3.8 (http://www.funkytoad.com/download/HostsXpert.zip)- Hosts File Manager.

* Unzip HostsXpert 3.8 - Hosts File Manager to a convenient folder such as C:\HostsXpert
* Click HostsXpert.exe to Run HostsXpert 3.8 - Hosts File Manager from its new home
* Click "Make Hosts Writable?" in the upper right corner (If available).
* Click Restore Microsoft's Hosts file and then click OK.
* Click the X to exit the program.
* Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.

-------------------------------------------

Then see if you have any sites in the restricted zone.

italianzero
2008-05-11, 01:30
Ok, I did all of the above and I believe I did it correctly. There are a lot of sites in the restricted zone, most look like porn/ad placing type sites. What next?

little eagle
2008-05-11, 02:36
Lets try to install XP SP3 http://www.update.microsoft.com

Then reboot and rescan with HiJackThis and post a new log here.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

italianzero
2008-05-11, 12:42
Scan saved at 3:27:19 AM, on 5/11/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spupdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UfSeAgnt.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=19588

--
End of file - 8868 bytes

Ok, did what you said. IE 7 now works fine, AIM works fine. Trend Micro opens for the first time without the "Unable to create empty document" error. I ran two more HDD scans and still no bad sectors. I ran Mem test and nothing reported errors. It seems to be better, but I will post again in a day or so when I have been able to use my computer "normally" to see if anything shows up. In the meantime, thanks for your help. I'll post again in a day or so.

italianzero
2008-05-11, 23:41
Ok, the only thing I notice thats happening still is that sometimes it freezes on the start-up screen when its blue and says "Windows Starting Up"

little eagle
2008-05-12, 00:15
First to see how much memory you have, click Start>>Control Panel. Double- click System.
On the General tab, total memory will be listed near the bottom.
Now enlarge the area set aside for virtual memory. To do that, click Start>>Control Panel. Double-click System.
Select the Advanced tab. Under Performance, click Settings. Select the Advanced tab.
Find Virtual Memory at the bottom of the window, and click Change.
Click the option button next to "Custom Size."
Increase it to atleast 1.5 times your memory size. I belive that you can double what you have with out any trouble that may help.

italianzero
2008-05-15, 08:16
Well, three days and no problems. Everything seems to be running fine now and I haven't had a frozen start-up screen since Sunday. Thanks for your help.

little eagle
2008-05-15, 11:46
Well that sounds good. Guess it is time to close this thread. :santa: