PDA

View Full Version : Help with Computer and Norton

scottypalo
2008-04-22, 12:34
Hi

I am confused as to what is going on with my computer. When I boot it up it comes with a message saying Norton OS check has caused an error. Then an installer window pops up and then the computer resets itself. I have no idea what this is and any help will be greatly appreciated

Best

Josh

Shaba
2008-04-24, 10:56
Hi scottypalo

Can you boot in safe mode?

scottypalo
2008-04-24, 11:49
Hi Shaba

Yeah it boots in normal mode so long as I don't click on the end now button that pops up from an error in OS check.

Zone Alarm wont let the installer run so it sort of helps with stopping the computer shutting down. If Zone alarm is shut off the then computer will always shut down. Have tried to uninstall Norton but it says the installer is already running

Josh

Shaba
2008-04-24, 11:53
Hi

Try this (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=bar_sch_nam&docid=2004092711224136&nsf=nip.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=ag)
, please.

Shaba
2008-04-29, 15:55
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.