PDA

View Full Version : Blacklisted URL

Trevb54
2006-02-28, 07:50
Hi, I had Spybot running really well but then all of a sudden I went to start it up and it failed. The mirror sites menu doesn't drop down and if I try to search for updates anyway I get an error message that reads HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden ( ISA Server denies the Specified URL).
I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. At the end there is a panel that say details. I clicked on that and found that our server was blacklisted. I have looked everywhere for it but alas no luck. I have looked in the tea timer but it's not there. As I said it was running perfectly.
Hope someone can help.

Regards
Trev:scratch:

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-28, 14:46
Sounds like it may be proxy related. Check Spybot's proxy settings.

To set up access to the integrated update facility through a proxy server:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. About 2/3 of the way down the option tree there is a category "Web update'. Check the last item in the list "Use proxy to connect to update server". A pop-up will come up were you can enter the information required.

Trevb54
2006-03-01, 07:34
Sounds like it may be proxy related. Check Spybot's proxy settings.

To set up access to the integrated update facility through a proxy server:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. About 2/3 of the way down the option tree there is a category "Web update'. Check the last item in the list "Use proxy to connect to update server". A pop-up will come up were you can enter the information required.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and even had my boss who looks after the network to have a look and he couldn't work it out either. Where abouts in the files would be the place to look for the blacklisted url. In the details after installing it that's what it says but I don't know where to go.

Regards

Trev

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-01, 21:46
I would like to help you further, however, although you indicated:

… if I try to search for updates anyway I get an error message that reads HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden ( ISA Server denies the Specified URL). … At the end there is a panel that say details. I clicked on that and found that our server was blacklisted.
I don’t quite understand what you mean by blacklisted site and why you would think that Spybot has singled out your site to forbid downloads from.

According to the following article, 'HTTP Error 403' errors can be caused by the same conditions as 'bad checksum' errors:
When updating, why do I get an error message that the "update is forbidden" / "bad checksum!!!"?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/20.html
However, since you are not getting the dropdown site selection menu, I can only assume that the error is occurring trying to download the spybotsd.ini file which starts the update process. The spybotsd.ini file is downloaded from either:
http://security.kolla.de/updates/spybotsd.ini (Spybot 1.3)
--- or ---
http://www.safer-networking.org/updates/spybotsd.ini (Spybot 1.4)
Since the rest of your original post seemed to have indicated that you were downloading from a commercial site and were going through another server to download, I suggested that you check out you proxy settings.

It seems to me that the "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden ( ISA Server denies the Specified URL)" that you are getting is because of responses from that server (proxy). The only additional thing that I can suggest is to inspect any logs that may be available on that server to see what the underlying cause may be.