PDA

View Full Version : immunize/Host problems with Windows Live Messenger

Vishal
2008-04-22, 22:16
I did the immunize and then was trying to sign in to Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger) it wasn't letting me in, then I did the troubleshoot wizard thing to see what the connection problem was. It showed that it couldn't login because of the Host file. I'm assuming that theres either one or some URLs that shouldn't be in there, but not exactly sure which ones they are. I had to restore the Host file back to original. But that means that its unprotected from the other URLs from the list. I can now sign in to the messenger. But I'm still trying to figure out which URLs is causing this problem. If anyone knows or can help me out with this let me know.

Thanks.

Terminator
2008-04-23, 20:27
In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Spybot -Search and Destroy Configuration and set the drop down menu to "Ask For Blocking Confirmation" then you will be able to sign-in. I had this problem a month or 2 back and changing the settings allowed me to sign-in. The problem is with one of the adverts at the bottom of the Messenger screen (I never found out which).

Vishal
2008-04-24, 05:17
Thanks Terminator that worked. Thanks for your help.