PDA

View Full Version : wextract_cleanup1

kamax
2008-04-23, 06:33
my spybot resident denied wextract_cleanup1 in System Startup global entry
but i don't know how clean this malware, and i'ts reload every time i reboot the pc.

Help, ayuda.

Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-23, 13:57
kamax:

wextract_cleanup0 and wextract_cleanup1 are usually runonce startup entries added to cleanup after installations. If the startup entry is being deleted it means that cleanup has already run and by denying the registry change you are running the installation cleanup over and over again.

drragostea
2008-04-23, 18:27
I have encountered the same issue before... I executed the Direct X update program from Microsoft and TeaTimer prompted me of the same global entry that kamax mentioned. It disappeared about Direct X completed updating.

kamax
2008-04-23, 21:58
and then that I must do?
The resident says that he denies it basing on the black list

Thanks for help me

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-23, 22:45
kamax:

That is because you must have done a "Deny change" and checked the "Remember this decision" option which instructed TeaTimer to deny all subsequent similar registry changes.

If you check "Remember this decision" on a change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information:Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Blocked registry changes". You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.After you have done that, the next time a similar registry change occurs TeaTimer will issue a registry change dialog rather than automatically deny the change. At that time you should allow the change and I suggest that you do not use the "Remember this decision" option.

drragostea
2008-04-23, 22:52
I agree. Once the Direct X updates closes... the "cleanup" global entry disappears. It is not considered "dangerous" or malicious. Don't worry about it.

kamax
2008-04-25, 08:56
:bigthumb:I continued the councils of MD USA, and the problem is solved.
Thank you very much.
On the other hand I don't know how to do the update of the program Direct X, which it mentions drragostea.
but also thank you.:)