PDA

View Full Version : Missing Checks.080424-xxxx.txt file

hedles
2008-04-24, 10:59
I have Spybot 1.5.2.20 installed and scheduled to run every morning at 5.30 am.

Normally it produces two log files, one called
Checks.yymmdd-hhnn.log, and one called
Checks.yymmdd-hhnn.txt

[I have the following Log file settings selected:

[√] Write complete check details to the debug file Checks.txt
[√] Write complete fiixing details to the debug file Fixes.txt
[√] Include date and time in debug filename (Checks.yymmdd-hhnn.txt)

]

Also, normally after the scheduled run the Spybot results window remains on the computer screen for, I don't know exactly, maybe half an hour, maybe one hour, whether or not Spybot finds any malware, or until I manually close the window.

[On the Scheduler page of the interface I have both the following check boxes unchecked:

[ ] Fix problems after scheduled scan
[ ] Close program after finishing schedule

]

This morning I was looking at the computer screen at around 7 am and I saw Spybot doing it's scheduled scan - about two thirds of the way through (around 89,000 out of 131,xxx). Half an hour later I returned and Spybot had disappeared from the screen.

The Checks.080424-0532.log was in the log folder, but the expected Checks.080424-hhnn.txt file is missing.

The only other application program running at the time was AVG - which finished normally, a few minutes later, without any threats detected.

1. Can anybody suggest a reason for Spybot's abnormal behaviour?

2. Is there any way to get Spybot (when acting normally) to keep its report window open for however long it is until the window is closed manually?

Terminator
2008-04-24, 11:51
Try only running the Spybot scan and see what happens.

hedles
2008-04-24, 12:01
Try only running the Spybot scan and see what happens.

I assume you mean running Spybot as the only application process.

I will try this later when I go out. However, running Spybot in parallel with AVG has caused no problems since I started doing it - i.e. almost every night for a few months. In fact, it is not intentional. The Spybot scan starts at 5.30 am, whereas AVG begins a 1 am - it just takes a very long time!