PDA

View Full Version : SpyBot S&D REFUSES everything--what can I do????

Spookie
2006-02-28, 21:59
:confused:
Hi Everyone!
I'm terribly confused about how SpyBot is acting:scratch: . I think it's because I don't use IE; Mozilla; or Foxfire as my browser, and I'd really like to know how to make the necessary changes if possible.

I have AVANT BROWSER as my default browser because it is based on IE, but it allows tabbed browsing, (like the Mozilla & Foxfire browsers), and it has many other features that I like, (built-in pop-up blocker, easy to use set-up & many others)....I really don't want to have to switch. I don't trust IE because of it's past history of security problems and limited features. I must confess that I never really gave Mozilla and Foxfire a chance, but I do have them on my PC....I use them occasionally.

Avant Browser also has another feature that is REALLY fantastic, but it is causing SpyBot S&D to deny EVERYTHING......it allows any websites that you have "tabbed" to start-up when you open it the next time. SpyBot will NOT let it happen...I get repeated message boxes denying this, and I also get these denials when I download a new game, an update of one of my programs, etc.

Is there a way to get SpyBot to recognize all of the things that I do when I use my Avant Browser, or do I have to use one of the other three mentioned above??

I'm also unsure of the proper settings for the best protection...I have a very effective AV Program that runs in the background for any heuristic problems that might try to sneak through, plus I have it set to scan my PC every day, and it also has a Firewall PLUS I have a router that is a hardware AVS/SVT Firewall, and I scan with AdAware at least once a week. I think that I'm well-protected, but if SpyBot S&D denies everything I do while using Avant Browser, am I REALLY safe, and do all the things I've done throughout the day get scanned during my daily SpyBot&D scan????

I'm sorry for the lengthy post, and for all the questions, but I want to make SpyBot S&D happy.

Thanks for listening, and thank you in advance for any and all who submit tips, hints and (hopefully) a solution for my problem.

Gratefully;
Spookie :flowers:

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-01, 06:04
What messages are you getting?