PDA

View Full Version : Spybot crashing qhen trying to fix problems

maxxo
2008-04-25, 21:35
My problem is that i do a full scan which takes ages and then when it is finally done i click fix and then the pop ups with change registery or something like that come up. So i click yes on them and it changes them, then i get a big green tick by one of the viruses, but then when i carry on clicking yes it always crashes and is 'not responding'. So i am forced to close the program and when i restart it i have to start the scan again and i end up with the same thing happening.

Am i using the software wrongly or something?

Or is this a bug? and how do i fix it?

Regards

honda12
2008-04-25, 22:59
Hi maxxo,

Firstly can you please post what version of spybot S&D you are running:

Help ---> About

Thanks,

honda :)

mark417
2008-04-26, 04:34
I am having the same problem I have version 1.5.2.20 build 20080128

maxxo
2008-04-26, 14:48
I have 1.5.2.20

and latest update 24.04.08

Yesterday i had the 'blue screen of death' but that was the first and onlytime it happened. I started in safe mode and ran a scan but when trying to fix problems it still crashed 'not responding'.

Also i have a virus/malware called virtomonde and virtumonde generic is there anyway to completely get rid of this?

Terminator
2008-04-26, 15:04
Download and Update SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition and then run it in Safe Mode and that should clear your problem.

honda12
2008-04-27, 01:56
Hi,

I recommend you get your computer cleaned of all the malware that may be on your system. Please post to the Malware Removal forum where a helper will guide you through the process of removing any malware you have:

- Please read this before you post in the Malware Removal Forum ---> "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you when available

honda :)