bradford28
2008-04-26, 19:03
Member: bradford28
Address: Subiaco, Western Australia
Email:
Today’s Date: Sunday, 27/04/08

Subject Problem: bradford28's Zlob.DNSChanger.Rtk

Dear Spybot-S&D Team,

After I’d sent my initial thread on Thursday 24/04/08 (#185406), I kept reading the instructions at http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288; and realised that I had not sent any ‘Kaspersky’ or ‘HighJackThis’ information. I apologise, I’ve always been clumsy.

Since then, following that “=288” instruction page, I easily obtained the Kaspersky report and placed in on Desktop. But after that I’ve been troubled by the fact that—even after putting my machine in ‘Safe Mode’;and I ran Spybot-S&D as directed (and finding the residing “Zlob.DNSChanger.Rtk” plus 7 extra entries called “Zlob.Downloader.vet”)—my concern has been that, though I have repeated that cleansing process many, many times whilst in the ‘Safe Mode’—Spybot-S&D was NOT able to prevent the original ZlobDNSChanger.Rtk from, like, breeding somehow and therefore forever reappearing.

Consequently, I’ve decided that you experts will have come across problem previously. I now also downloaded the correct HighJackThis program via the same “=288” instruction page. It has been correctly activated, and it is now on the Desktop awaiting transfer to this second submission. I have made sure that Wordwrap is un-ticked; and will now attempt to provide these two reports.

NOTE: On the 25/04/08, Team Spybot ‘tashi’ had to erase my first submission, because I had forgotten to include the two log reports—and I’ve been instructed to submit my problem in this new thread.

Regards to you all,

bradford28

(I hope I do NOT bungle this again!!)

ANOTHER PROBLEM

The combined total size of my ‘Kaspersky’ log plus ‘HighJackThis’ log report is 138,343 KB; which is 74,343 KB in excess of the maximum allowed 64,000 KB in one posting!!

After it was produced, I noticed that the size of Kaspersky is only 452 KB disk space, so it must be the HJT which is spoiling my attempt to get the both of them to you in one post.

But, also, this means that ‘HighJackThis’ must be roughly 137,891 KB, which—if the size-measuring device on this posting apparatus is similar—means that the ‘HighJackThis’ log by itself will require more than two posts. Help-help!

I will await for your toughened posting instructions.

Regards,

bradford28

Shaba
2008-04-27, 11:30
Hi bradford28

Please post next those logs, if you need multiple replies, that's ok :)

bradford28
2008-04-27, 23:30
Member: bradford28
Address: Subiaco, Western Australia
Email:
Today’s Date: Monday, 28/04/08
Subject Problem: The Zlob.DNSChanger.Rtk

Dear Spybot Team,

I keep getting told off for incorrectly requesting assistance.

Rightly so in my very first petition, because I'd neglected to send both the Kaspersky log and the HighJackThis log.

I'm nowhere near as familiar with the superiority of Spybot-S&D as all of you are; but surely, that's why you as a Forum of Experts have gone and clubbed together on the Internet.

But nor am I yet familiar with the all the routines which need to be followed by me, before I am permitted to benefit from your huge knowledgebase.

I have printed-out, and have read through, the "Read This Before Posting any Problem to Spybot Forum" at your 'http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288' address.

Possibly because I'm one the 60 years old generation, in my first solicitation I was initially more concerned with writing a preamble, and trying to open up a conversation with one of you; so that that Expert could communicate some personalised HELP to me, and use the experience you have all acquired.

But, believing that it would disrupt the procedure of some members there, Spybot Team member 'tashi' told me that she had needed to delete all traces of that maiden introduction speech.

So then, in my second sad submission I tried to make sure that I included the two reports I had acquired using the "=288" address above; they being: the 'Kaspersky' and the 'HighJackThis' logs.

However at the bottom of THAT email page, I had been instructed to "NOT send attachments". So all I was left with was the alternative of copying and pasting the 'Kaspersky' log and 'HighJackThis' log information into my second request (by starting a new thread) for your help.

So I went and copied them, and pasted them into my second submission. But, when I attempted to "Submit Reply" all of that data to you, I was prevented, by your email system, from sending it; because that email containing the two log reports exceeded 64,000 KB.

After failing (using that method) to send those two logs to you Experts, I sent another "unaccompanied" email surmounted by a "SAD" smilie; to let you know that the enity (of the two logs within one email) was too excessive.

I'd recalled that the "Read This Before Posting any Problem to Spybot Forum" notes had expressly told me to do that, in such a situation. They instruct a person to let you Experts know if the logs are too large to send in one email.

Now I've just had to be censured again, I think it was for not posting that last email (which explained all the efforts I'd been making, and the excess KB I had encountered) to the correct Forum address!

But I had been instructed by a Team Spybot member to start a new thread!

And although I know that (from a note at the bottom of this email) this time I AM permitted to post attachments, I do not want to attempt it, until I know for sure that I will not waste any more of Team Spybot's time; by making a another bollocks of it.

Will someone, please, take up my case; and personally guide an old man through the correct procedures, and the solutions to dispatching to you what seems (to me) to perhaps be an unusually(?) large log report; and all my communication problems.

I DO have great appreciation and respect for you all. You are unselfishly making your assistance freely available to a computer-owning earth of subscribers. But at the very least, one of us subscribers (me) is SLOW to process and mesh within a new language! Please be patient with me.

THIS TIME, what I have done is send this email via "Reply" at the bottom of the most-previous Team Spybot's reprimand of me; me believing that that thread will retain the history of my previous dramatics, if needed.

But I have also kept a record of my posts to you, so I will be able to resubmit every detail of my problems verbatim.

Also, because my 'Kaspersky' and 'HighJackThis' logs are too large to send by email (and I do NOT know how to send them as attachments), they await on my Desktop.

However by the time dopey bradford28 learns the basic languages and techniques for here, it may be necessary for him to gather all that data again, eh?

Regards to you all,

bradford28

Shaba
2008-04-28, 16:10
Hi

You can use sendspace ("http://www.sendspace.com) for uploading of those.

Please post download links here after that :)

Shaba
2008-05-03, 11:11
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.