PDA

View Full Version : File Fails to load while cleaning

willydee1
2008-04-27, 02:55
I keep getting this error:

Failed to load C:\Program Files\Spybot Search_Destroy\DelZip179.dll

I have 779 problems to fix, not sure if that could have anything to do with it. :( I'm computer stupid too, so if you have any ideas please keep it simple, haha.

Zenobia
2008-04-28, 05:41
Is the DelZip179.dll file in the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy folder?

spybotsandra
2008-04-28, 14:31
Hello,

Please try to delete the files seperately after a scan.
This error message appears if too many bad files are found and should be deleted in one run.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

driftfox
2008-05-19, 23:39
If I had to guess, I'd say delzip179.dll is used to create backups everything you clean. You might be able to fix this problem by turning off backups. Here's how:

1. Go to the Mode menu and choose "Advanced mode".
2. Choose Settings - Settings and under "Main settings" you'll see three entries.
3. Uncheck "Create backups of fixed spyware problems for easy recovery."
4. Uncheck "Create backups of removed usage tracks for easy recovery."
5. Uncheck "Create backups of fixed system internal problems for easy recovery."
6. Now run a scan like normal and fix the problems like you always would.

Did this work?

WARNING: Realize not having backups could cause problems for obvious reasons.

hokiewolf
2008-05-20, 09:43
I keep getting this error:

Failed to load C:\Program Files\Spybot Search_Destroy\DelZip179.dll

My friend has a problem with viruses and spyware including Vundo, Virtumonde, AntiSpyMaster, DriveCleaner, MalWareAlarm, etc. When Spybot 1.52 was halfway through cleaning these entries....it was removing .dll files with random letters for the filename(part of Virtumode)....it gave the same error message and just hung. He then ran Spybot from safemode so it wouldn't have to deal with a lot of memory-resident crap, but this didn't seem to help matters any. The error message above reappeared. When the computer restarted, three error messages appear saying that 4-5randomletters.dll could not be found. I believe these were the three virtumonde dll files that Spybot got rid of, at least partially, before it got hung up. I'm guessing that Spybot only got a chance to delete the files and didn't delete the entries in the registry before it got hung up.

Should he try deleting the entries from the registry manually...or should he reinstall Spybot and try again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danny in Yorktown, VA

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-20, 14:10
hokiewolf:

I suggest that you have your friend post in the Malware Removal (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) forum and have someone take a look at their system.

Follow the procedure in this link to run scans and produce a Kaspersky scan report and a HijackThis log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) ( http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288).
After your friend has completed the required scans and produced the requested logs, they should start their own thread in the Malware Removal (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) forum, making sure to post the logs produced from the above instructions.