PDA

View Full Version : spybot scans then shutsdown when you fix prob

stlaluqum user
2008-04-28, 23:49
spybot fails to 'fix problems'.

I run spybot 1.5.2 on windows XP2 and it scans and runs fine and when you click to fix problem it just shuts down? Not the computer just spybot and fails to clean up the spyware.

I have tried to reinstall with the latest spybot on your site and removed all program files etc from spybot program files on my comp to see if it was some sort of corruption during download and also from disc but no luck it shuts down and I run the scan again same spyware and same issues.

I have telus security and privacy from my internet provider but it doesn't show anything?

can you help

run out of options

Greyfox
2008-04-29, 00:40
First, if you don't include usage tracks in your scan, does it still shut down during the "Fix"?

If the answer to the above is No, then are you using Microsoft Office (possibly Office 2000)?

If the answer to that is Yes, then amongst the usage tracks found will possibly be an item for MS Office 9 or something similar - Try not ticking that before you try to fix the problems. There may be individual items for Word and Excel, ticking these should be OK.

If this is the problem, exclude the entry from further searches.

Please advise if this helped.