Kelptocharge
2008-04-29, 06:24
Hi,

well - here's the req'd data:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Spybot Search & Destroy ver 1.5.2.20, update 24/04/2008
Browsers: Firefox 3.0b5 and IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254

False Positive occurred as scan result

1. First SSD reported ContraVirus based on the existence of a file called config.ini in the "c:\program files" dir. I checked the file - a plain little txt file with about 5 lines. I'm pretty sure it was login details for FTP re Gigabyte mainboard. Yes I let SSD del it. Should have kept it.

2. Then did a second scan today after creating a new txt file with NOTHING in it & placed it in the same dir above. This time SSD reports it as VirusBlast infection in scan results.

WTF?

I have saved the full results before allowing SSD to del the file & can upload if required. Any help muchly appreciatedly.

Yodama
2008-04-29, 11:36
hello,

please upload your scanresults.

1. First SSD reported ContraVirus based on the existence of a file called config.ini in the "c:\program files" dir. I checked the file - a plain little txt file with about 5 lines. I'm pretty sure it was login details for FTP re Gigabyte mainboard. Yes I let SSD del it. Should have kept it.

you can restore files with the recovery function within Spybot S&D

Kelptocharge
2008-05-05, 14:16
[QUOTE=Yodama;187006]hello,

please upload your scanresults.

Here they are :)

Yodama
2008-05-06, 07:31
hello,

thank you for attaching the requested log files. These false positives will be corrected with the update scheduled for tomorrow.

Kelptocharge
2008-05-06, 08:52
hello,

thank you for attaching the requested log files. These false positives will be corrected with the update scheduled for tomorrow.

Cool Yodama - thanks for the quick response.

Once you get to trust a prog like SSD, it gets scary when all the alarms go off :)