PDA

View Full Version : Error Message During SpyBot Scan

06Honda
2008-04-30, 00:57
" There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot-search Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi
See 'Include errors.log' for details. " Any ideas what this is, I have no clue. I followed the path but did not see a Trojans.sbi but there is one called Trojans & TrojansC.

drragostea
2008-04-30, 01:03
Hello, honda. Please download the latest version of Spybot-SD and download all the latest update. Thanks.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

06Honda
2008-04-30, 02:05
Thankyou for the help and link.

drragostea
2008-04-30, 02:17
Hi. Did it solve the problem?

proxier
2008-05-19, 03:01
Hello:
During scanning, I get the message:
There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot-search Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi
See 'Include errors.log' for details.
I checked for updates and there weren't any, I also deleted temporary internet files. The scan also freezes when it is almost complete.
What should I do?
Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-19, 05:11
proxier:

Please read post #3 (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=189174&postcount=3) in this thread:
Error Message
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=189174

proxier
2008-05-19, 09:55
Thanks, I will try that

proxier
2008-05-19, 10:54
I don't get the error message anymore while running the scan with the new version of 1.5.2. but the scan still freezes when it is almost done (about when it is done 6/8 of the way).
Thanks, please help.

drragostea
2008-05-20, 05:46
Refer to:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=28256

proxier, around what "entry" does Spybot-SD stall at? Example: 12345/20000 Zlob.
Have you tried cleaning the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers? Also, have you defragmented you drive/

proxier
2008-05-20, 10:15
drragostea:
Thanks, I will try that suggestion.....
proxier

proxier
2008-05-20, 11:32
My scan freezes at the following point: 139621/154829: Zlob.Downloader.bs
I started such scan with version 1.5.2 after cleaning cache, temp. files and cookies.
I use Windows XP if that's what my operating system is.
I was told by a computer technician that it is advisable not to defrag on my computer, which is a Compaq Presario laptop.
I don't know how much memory I have.
Thanks,
I hope anyone can help,
Proxier

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-20, 14:27
proxier:

Other people have had problems while scanning Zlob.downloader.bs. See:
Scan time greatly increased
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=27534
Try running the scan without scanning for "Zlob.downloader.bs":
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products.
Locate the item that you what to exclude from the scan ("Zlob.downloader.bs") and check it.

proxier
2008-05-20, 23:28
Thank you so much, I will try that when I get home,
proxier

drragostea
2008-05-20, 23:32
proxier:
Try running the scan without scanning for "Zlob.downloader.bs":
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products.
Locate the item that you what to exclude from the scan ("Zlob.downloader.bs") and check it.

Can you do what md wrote? Also, do you have any Service Packs installed? To find your system properties (RAM and Windows version), go to Control Panel (XP) find "Performance and Maintenance" and click on "System". You should see the system properties along with a whole bunch of other tabs.

proxier
2008-05-21, 09:22
Thanks also for the advice, I will take it into consideration.
proxier

bg3075
2008-05-21, 10:06
For several months now Spybot 1.5.2 only scans 252 bots on my Windows XP pc. It always used to scan thousands. Is there a reason for this? Is it no longer being supported?

spybotsandra
2008-05-21, 11:21
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

proxier
2008-05-21, 23:39
Thank you both for your help.
I took out the aforementioned file and it ran, but it stopped temporarily in another file, but it finally finished on its own. After correcting the errors, I ran another scan including the file with the problems and it finished with no problems.
proxier

drragostea
2008-05-22, 00:05
Ah. I didn't realize that. Glad to know it solved the problem, proxier. Sandra, when installing Spybot-SD, the file sets are all checked by default correct (except the user trackage)? Thanks.

brucebot
2008-05-24, 16:06
Seems to me there are two separate issues (maybe they are related I'm sure someone will let me know).

1. The error message being received related to "trojans......" No big deal for me I just click ok and the scan continues.

2. The extremely slow scans being caused by "Zlob.Downloader.bs". I followed the suggestion to exclude that item from the scan but I had to stop the scan I was doing and restart and eventually rerun after excluding "Zlob". Also AFAICT I would have to exclude it everytime I run a scan (i.e. it doesn't stay checked permanently). So how would I know what is causing the problem until it happens? Then I've wasted a lot of scanning time.

Am I correct? Is something being done related to this "Zlob" causing problems?

Zenobia
2008-05-24, 16:43
For this:

1. The error message being received related to "trojans......" No big deal for me I just click ok and the scan continues.

Please see here:

What version of Spybot are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

If you are not running Spybot 1.5.2.20, upgrading to Spybot 1.5.2 will solve the problem (Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D!).

The current errors with the Trojans.sbi and TrojansC.sbi files that started with the 2008-04-09 updates are caused by new detection rules that are incompatible with versions of Spybot prior to 1.5.2. These new detection rules use the new Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 that only have been offered as updates to Spybot 1.5.2. If you upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2 you will not only eliminate the error messages but in also will be performing rootkit searches while doing a Spybot "Check for problems".

If there is a reason that you cannot upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2, you can try the Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 with Spybot 1.4, but they are not officially supported. From this post in the following thread:
Problems in Spybot S&D Includes-trojanC
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=27194
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepiMK
Well, you can download the manual installer for the newest anti-rootkit plugins and install them on 1.4 as well. They do have a compatibility mode when loaded by 1.4, but not with official support

Note: "... but not with official support ".

The downloads for the Anti-Rootkit plugins are on the following Web page:
Downloads - The home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html
This item:
Anti rootkit plugins 1.0 - product description
md5: EE7278BC89D4557CFD7127EACC37EE70

Supported only for version 1.5.2 or above!
This adds improved capabilities to find rootkits. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.
Please note: Supported only for version 1.5.2 or above!

The direct download link is:
http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd_plugins.exe
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=189174&postcount=3

brucebot
2008-05-24, 16:55
Thanks.

How about the "Zlob" issue? Am I correct that you have to exclude it every time you run a scan?

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-24, 17:12
brucebot:

Once excluded, Zlob.Downloader.bs will say excluded until you remove the exclusion.

On my system a Full scan (spyware only - no usage tracks) took 29:59. A scan of just Zlob.Downloader.bs took 1:34.

brucebot
2008-05-24, 17:18
Yes you are correct, I just checked. I could have sworn I saw it unchecked after I had previously checked it. But the system was doing some weird things so I'll chalk it up to that.

When I did a scan without any exclusions it hung up at "Zlob" and I finally stopped it. When I ran a scan with "Zlob" exlcuded it took about 50 minutes, which is typical for my system.

Still wonder if this issue is permanent and/or will it occur with other products?

Jonssen
2008-05-25, 04:15
Re: Trojans errors. Well, there are still some of us running W98 that cannot use Spybot 1.5.2 because it won't install/run, so having now got error messages regarding Trojans.sbi and TrojansC.sbi files (spybot stops until "ok" is entered, and causes the PC to freeze if I do anything else) we are rather up the creek without a paddle.

Frankly I'm rather amazed that no one seems to care about this issue. Spybot has been running hassle free for years, yet this year has become a pain in the butt! When you guys had created a well liked, handy little utility that was well received and well supported, I'm surprised that you have now spoilt it.

So far, the only thing we are offered is a non-supported patch... And even if that works for now, it seem likely that further problems may ensue later on. I'd willing upgrade to 1.5.2 if only I could, as I expect would others plagued with the same problems.

spybotsandra
2008-05-26, 17:51
Hello,

What problems do you have exactlywhen you try to install Spybot version 1.5.2?
Do you get any error massage or what exactly does not function?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Marc816
2008-05-27, 21:06
What exactly is zlob downloader bs?

drragostea
2008-05-28, 00:25
Marc. That's exactly what it says. Zlob. It's a "fingerprint" in Spybot's database in identifying that kind/specific malware.

Marc816
2008-05-28, 02:33
Drragostea......Thanks for the info.

Marc816
2008-05-28, 23:18
My scans were being stalled by zlob downloader bs. Once I removed it from the list of items to be scanned, Spybot worked fine for me.

brucebot
2008-06-07, 21:23
I believe the Zlob.downloader.bs issue has been resolved. My scan today did not get hung up. I had unchecked Zlob... from the ignore list, i.e. no products were ignored and the scan worked fine.

trimel
2008-06-18, 16:53
I agree. I removed zlob.downloader.bs from the exception list, and the scan now completes in a reasonable time. It no longer gets stuck on the zlob.downloader.bs scan. Yeah!

GameDev
2008-07-02, 07:38
To Sandra -
I think the issue being reported by multiple users relating to this is that even after downloading the TCP/IP Settings plugin - (65 KB) - 2007-06-06, (or the current version available through downloads) an error still occurs when installing this specific update.

I am new here, but have attempted to sort through the various related threads prior to posting.

Here's what happened for me:

1. Loaded SpyBot application.
2. Ran the SpyBot 'check for updates' manually.
3. Received the standard updates successfully.
4. Ran my system scan.
5. Received error during scan about Trojan.sbi and/or TrojanC.sbi (error in the include file) [Have received both errors seperately but are seemingly duplicate issues.]
6. Went to Safer Networking, downloaded and ran executable, "spybotsd_tcpip.exe" Created Wednesday, June 04, 2008, 9:45:33 PM, with a Safer Networking Verisign digital signature stamp showing June 20, 2007. (Filesize 106kb - 108kb on disk)
7. Received an error stating, "There were problems opening the following file for editing - TCPIPAddress.dll" With the options to Quit, Ignore or Retry.

Notes:
A. Shutting down, reinstalling the update, etc. did not solve this issue.
B. Even when the SpyBot program said no updates were available, the Trojan.sbi and TrojanC.sbi errors would still occur during system scan.

I then googled this problem online, located this forum and registered.

I have now deleted that file and ran the update again, installing the DLL successfully with no errors. I am now running but have not completed the full system scan again - to see if the original Trojan.sbi and TrojanC.sbi errors still occur.

In summary I think some users still have errors when installing the TCPIP update - not just when running the system scan. Hope this helps!

Great site!

GameDev
2008-07-02, 08:17
Even after the update, I still receive the error that there were problems with the Trojan.sbi file...

spybotsandra
2008-07-02, 14:47
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2. That should fix it.
You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.2.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Guingion
2008-07-02, 20:50
Hi, I'm new here. Have read the posts about the trojan-error.log. Got the same problem. I downloaded spybot152.exe already some time ago and it is since then I got these errormessages. When I check my version number in spybot I read version 1.5.1.17. With the updater I've always downloaded all available files.

The suggestion to install version 1.5.2 doesn't seem to fit here, I think. The exact error-message is: "problems in the include file c:\program files\spybot\includes\trojans.sbi" and the same message appears with "trojansC.sbi".

So is there another idea to resolve the problem?

My OS is Windows XP Home. I have Spybot on an old computer with Windows98SE and it got totally stuck. I uninstalled the latest version and installed the old 1.4, but still it gets totally stuck.

Thanks for your response

Guingion
2008-07-02, 21:11
Okay, I will partially reply to my own post. Discovered 2 pages in between on this topic and found some tips I will try. In my case it's also zlob.downloader.bs (thread 140277 and 154829). Almost thrown away these notes.

But there remains a question in my mind. What happens to the quality of spybotscanning? If I exlude this zlob-thing, I guess some trojan area's are not scanned and therefore I cannot completely rely on the scan result. Is this true?

The question/problem on Windows98SE remains.