PDA

View Full Version : Still having connection problems

bawalker
2008-05-02, 17:37
Hello all,

I'm posting this through a remote desktop session to a customers computer because currently on my ISP I still am unable to connect to the update servers inside of spybot, nor can I even load the safer-networking.org website.

When trying to connect with either, I get a timeout and I have tracerouted the issue and have found a router in Germany just stops responding and does not forward me to the next hop. When I get to hop #14 the connection just dies. I have verified this issue with everyone else on my ISP who can not connect to the website or via spybot. Is this a DNS issue with the router in german or what?

14) 119 ms 119 ms 118 ms ge-0.cr.wnd.de.manitu.net [212.88.130.82]
15) * * * Request Timed Out.

Any ideas? I use spybot on all of the computers I repair/clean and without having this, I feel like I'm left sitting?

Brad

tallard
2008-06-26, 05:13
Hello all,

I'm posting this through a remote desktop session to a customers computer because currently on my ISP I still am unable to connect to the update servers inside of spybot, nor can I even load the safer-networking.org website.

When trying to connect with either, I get a timeout and I have tracerouted the issue and have found a router in Germany just stops responding and does not forward me to the next hop. When I get to hop #14 the connection just dies. I have verified this issue with everyone else on my ISP who can not connect to the website or via spybot. Is this a DNS issue with the router in german or what?

14) 119 ms 119 ms 118 ms ge-0.cr.wnd.de.manitu.net [212.88.130.82]
15) * * * Request Timed Out.

Any ideas? I use spybot on all of the computers I repair/clean and without having this, I feel like I'm left sitting?

Brad

I have the exact same problem as you, manitu seems to be blocking spybot. HOWEVER, if I connect my laptop to my neighbor's wifi instead of my own ISP, I get through the manitu hop without any problems.

Googling this manitu IP reveals issues with many many other sites, and the only solution people seem to find is typing in a fixed proxy, I have no idea how that works and it seems ridiculous to me!

I've had this problem for several weeks and thought it was a Comcast issue (my ISP, who's also guilty of P2P blocking) but they've washed their hands of it, and I must admit, they may be right... :(

As I know it's nothing to do with the hardrives on our laptops, I wonder if it's the modem itself that is blocked by manitu????? (this is where my computing knowlegdge ends unfortunately)

Keep in touch

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-26, 14:08
bawalker:

Vary strange.

When I do a "tracert www.safer-networking.org", I get:

Tracing route to www.safer-networking.org [89.238.64.39]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

15 112 ms 110 ms 110 ms ge-0.cr.wnd.de.manitu.net [212.88.130.82]
16 113 ms 112 ms 113 ms www.safer-networking.org [89.238.64.39]

Trace complete.
There is no problem with the last hop from "ge-0.cr.wnd.de.manitu.net [212.88.130.82]" to "www.safer-networking.org [89.238.64.39]".

What is the IP Address that the tracert is showing for www.safer-networking.org?

Tracing route to www.safer-networking.org [89.238.64.39]
over a maximum of 30 hops: