PDA

View Full Version : Auto Update

wrathme
2008-05-04, 03:42
I am noob and sory for asking this question but how i make spybot to auto update?i check the option for autoupdate in "settings" but it never make any auto check i always have to manual update it,,is there any other option i need to to activate in setings?Thanks

drragostea
2008-05-04, 04:12
Hello, wrathme. To answer your question, there is a auto-update feature in Spybot-SD. Do you have the latest version of Spybot-SD (1.5.2.20).

Go to Advanced Mode, in the MODE Tab on the top left corner of the main window. Click on the settings Tab on your left side. Click on 'Settings' again. Scroll down again near the end and you should be able to set the "WEB UPDATE" settings. There you can customize it to your own likings.

wrathme
2008-05-04, 22:29
I have the latest version of Spybot.I found the "Web Update" in the setings menu but what from this 7 options i need to activate so spybot can auto update?The options it has are:

1.search the web for new versions at each program start
2.Download updated include files if available online
3.Remind me to look for updates at program start
4.display updates for other languages
5.display new and upgrated skins
6.display pgp signature updates
7.use proxy to connect to update server

drragostea
2008-05-04, 23:36
Well, it's custom. I would suggest the first two. You can decide on your own.

2008-05-05, 03:39
I have the latest version of Spybot.I found the "Web Update" in the setings menu but what from this 7 options i need to activate so spybot can auto update?The options it has are:

1.search the web for new versions at each program start
2.Download updated include files if available online
3.Remind me to look for updates at program start
4.display updates for other languages
5.display new and upgrated skins
6.display pgp signature updates
7.use proxy to connect to update server

This way, spybot will automatically update when you launch spybot. Other then that, there really is not a automatic update feature beyond that. another easy way to update if you have teatimer (spybot sd resident) enabled, you can right click and choose check for updates. ;)