PDA

View Full Version : I have the vundo-4 virus

pauljr5
2008-05-05, 15:19
Help I have the vundo-4 virus. I have pencillion and it located the virus but couldn't fis it. I tried vundofix.exe and that did not work either.

Rorschach112
2008-05-05, 17:24
Can you follow the steps in the Sticky Thread and post the necessary logs

pauljr5
2008-05-05, 19:31
I am typing from another computer. I just ran spybot S&D. I can get to spybot homepage, but I can not access any links. I can't get to the forums to get to the page to run the other programs for malware.

I can only open the infected computer in safe mode.
My task manager is no longer working.
I keep getting a popup the states "your computer is not protected against spyware.
I ran spybot S&D and my computer is still acting up.
When I try to run in normal mode, it states that the active desktop has been changed.
I can't download some programs, it states that the administrator blocked it.
When I try to run task master, it state that the adminstrator turned it off.

Rorschach112
2008-05-05, 23:00
Try this

Please visit this web page for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

This includes installing the Windows XP Recovery Console in case you have not installed it yet.

For more information on the Windows XP Recovery Console read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058.

Once you install the Recovery Console, when you reboot your computer, you'll see the option for the Recovery Console now as well. Don't select Recovery Console as we don't need it. By default, your main OS is selected there. The screen stays for 2 seconds and then it proceeds to load Windows. That is normal.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

pauljr5
2008-05-06, 00:26
I just found out that have the zlob virus. I can't get to the hijack program to download it. I downloaded it from another computer and tried to reload on the infected computer. I couldn't get it to work.

Rorschach112
2008-05-06, 01:51
Can you run ComboFix

pauljr5
2008-05-06, 16:27
No, I can't run combofix.

Rorschach112
2008-05-06, 16:30
What happens when you try run it ?

Try this

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) (http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/Deckard/dss.exe) and save it to your Desktop.
Close all other windows before proceeding.
Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not malicious.
When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Rorschach112
2008-05-12, 01:37
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.