PDA

View Full Version : Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close

Richie Daggers
2008-05-06, 04:50
Hello all,

I've been going through some previous posts about this problem trying to fix this error myself, but I've hit a dead end. Maybe you can help. Here's the story:

A few days ago I got the "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message in Windows. If I click Send Error Report, or Debug, the computer becomes unresponsive. Here is what is listed in further information of the error report

szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180
szModName : repdrvfs.dll szModVer : 5.1.2600.2180 offset : 000170f3

As long as I don't close the error window, I can go about using my computer as normal, with the following exceptions:

1) Sometimes theres an error message concerning svchost
2) When attempting to update Windows manually (as some forums have suggested) the update process hangs
3) Attempts to install Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software hang
4) When I try to shut down or reset my computer the process hangs, forcing me to use the power button to turn off the computer

I've read the "Before you Post" thread and followed the instructions to the best of my ability.

1) Kaspersky Online Scanner Results:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Monday, May 05, 2008 10:06:17 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 5/05/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 740320
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 141314
Number of viruses found: 2
Number of infected objects: 4
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:28:29

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support\MPLog-06162007-223710.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QSLLPSVCShare Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras\PDFX1a 2001 JPN.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras\PDFX1a 2003 JPN.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras\PDFX1a 2003.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras\PDFX3 2002 JPN.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras\PDFX3 2003 JPN.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras\PDFX3 2003.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Extras\Rich Content PDF.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings\High Quality Print.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings\PDFX1a 2001.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings\PDFX3 2002.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings\Press Quality.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings\Smallest File Size.joboptions Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\desktop.ini Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Desktop.ini Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\PS2Trial.wpl Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Desktop.ini Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Blue hills.jpg Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\desktop.ini Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Sunset.jpg Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Thumbs.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Water lilies.jpg Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Winter.jpg Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Videos\Desktop.ini Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp\MpCmdRun.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\cert8.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\formhistory.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\history.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\key3.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\parent.lock Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\search.sqlite Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\urlclassifier2.sqlite Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\From Flash Drive\kf151\keyfinder.exe/data.rar/xpkey.exe Infected: not-a-virus:PSWTool.Win32.RAS.g skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\From Flash Drive\kf151\keyfinder.exe/data.rar/officekey.exe Infected: not-a-virus:PSWTool.Win32.RAS.a skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\From Flash Drive\kf151\keyfinder.exe/data.rar Infected: not-a-virus:PSWTool.Win32.RAS.a skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\From Flash Drive\kf151\keyfinder.exe RarSFX: infected - 3 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\ApplicationHistory\CLI.EXE.c88dbd71.ini.inuse Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\FileTracker\{013B93C2-5F2E-4836-8476-9095AF857167} Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\FileTracker\{12F9AD00-000D-44E6-9446-51147F1C373A} Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\Cache\_CACHE_001_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\Cache\_CACHE_002_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\Cache\_CACHE_003_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mn3loozc.default\Cache\_CACHE_MAP_ Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Temp\kleaner (pid 120) 2008-05-05 00-39-35.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Temp\kleaner (pid 224) 2008-05-05 00-39-35.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_78.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_970.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Data\master.mdf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Data\mastlog.ldf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Data\model.mdf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Data\modellog.ldf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Data\tempdb.mdf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Data\templog.ldf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\LOG\ERRORLOG Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP295\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ACEEvent.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\MpCmdRun.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_4ec.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

A quick side note: My usual anti-virus software AVG Free Edition never showed a virus, and I scan probably every other day on average. I also use Windows Firewall, and Windows Defender, neither of which gave any evidence of malware, spyware or viruses.

2) Ran Spybot S&D in Safe Mode, removed 15 tracking cookies. Ran again, to ensure all clear.

3) HiJackThis

I downloaded and installed HiJackThis. When I run a scan, it stalls at "O4 - Registry & Start Menu autoruns... " and I am unable to save a scan logfile. If I try to click on anything in the window, I get the "This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy" error message and I have to end the program using the Task Manager. This concerns me as it seems like most of the solutions offered in this forum come directly from the results of the HJT scan.

So, that's where I am at. I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

Blade81
2008-05-06, 08:30
Hi

Let's see if you're able to run Deckard System Scanner.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) (http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/Deckard/dss.exe) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.

Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt to your post. in your reply

Richie Daggers
2008-05-06, 09:17
Thanks for getting back to me so quick, Blade.

Unfortunately, I run into the same problem with DSS that I ran into with a lot of other malware/spyware/adware removal software, it hangs. As soon as I start DSS, it only gets to the "Creating Restore Point" window before it just stops. I let it sit for several minutes with no progress. I double checked Task Manager, no activity, and the only way out was to kill the dss.exe process.

This is starting to concern me.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Blade81
2008-05-06, 09:28
Hi

Have you defragged hard drives lately? If not, please do so and then try running hjt again. If it still doesn't work reboot into safe mode (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#02) and run Deckard's System Scanner there.

Richie Daggers
2008-05-06, 23:16
Hi Blade,

So I defraged my hard drive and I tried HJT, no luck. It hung at the same place that it did before. So, I rebooted in safe mode and ran dss, this time with success. Here is the main and extra logs:

MAIN:

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by Administrator on 2008-05-06 16:50:28
Computer is in Safe Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to create restore point; computer is in safe mode.

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
71: 2008-05-06 20:20:52 UTC - RP296 - System Checkpoint
70: 2008-05-05 02:25:02 UTC - RP295 - System Checkpoint
69: 2008-05-02 14:05:12 UTC - RP294 - System Checkpoint
68: 2008-04-30 05:42:32 UTC - RP293 - Installed Windows XP KB894391.
67: 2008-04-30 03:00:14 UTC - RP292 - Installed Ad-Aware 2007

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2008-02-06 19:07:43 UTC - RP226 - System Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

-- HijackThis (run as Administrator.exe) ---------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:52:32 PM, on 5/6/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Safe mode

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\Administrator.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=5061213
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=5061213
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk-rel&channel=us&ibd=5061213
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://www.dell.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Start RF Wireless Mouse] C:\Program Files\Micro Innovations\Wireless Optical Travel Mouse\cm20.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ModemOnHold] C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: M-Audio CMIDI Installer (MA_CMIDI_InstallerService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\M-Audio MA_CMIDI\MA_CMIDI_Inst.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: NILM License manager - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Bin\lmgrd.exe
O23 - Service: NI Service Locator (niSvcLoc) - National Instruments - C:\WINDOWS\system32\niSvcLoc.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 6936 bytes

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

All associations okay.

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

R3 pfc (Padus ASPI Shell) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\pfc.sys <Not Verified; Padus, Inc.; Padus(R) ASPI Shell>

S1 APPDRV - c:\windows\system32\drivers\appdrv.sys <Not Verified; Dell Inc; Application Driver>
S2 cvintdrv - c:\windows\system32\drivers\cvintdrv.sys
S3 cel90xbe - c:\documents and settings\tim\local settings\temp\cel90xbe.sys
S3 DSproct - c:\program files\dell support\gtaction\triggers\dsproct.sys <Not Verified; GTek Technologies Ltd.; processt>
S3 MA_CMIDI (%EVOL_USB.SvcDesc%) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\ma_cmidi.sys <Not Verified; M-Audio; M-Audio USB MIDI Keyboard Interface>
S3 wanatw (WAN Miniport (ATW)) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\wanatw4.sys (file missing)

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

S2 Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - "c:\program files\symantec\liveupdate\aluschedulersvc.exe" (file missing)
S2 MA_CMIDI_InstallerService (M-Audio CMIDI Installer) - c:\program files\m-audio ma_cmidi\ma_cmidi_inst.exe
S2 NICCONFIGSVC - c:\program files\dell\quickset\nicconfigsvc.exe <Not Verified; Dell Inc.; NicConfigSvc>
S2 niSvcLoc (NI Service Locator) - c:\windows\system32\nisvcloc.exe -s <Not Verified; National Instruments; National Instruments Service Locator>
S3 NILM License manager - "c:\program files\national instruments\shared\license manager\bin\lmgrd.exe" <Not Verified; Macrovision Corporation; >

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

No disabled devices found.

-- Scheduled Tasks -------------------------------------------------------------

2008-05-06 16:40:48 330 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job

-- Files created between 2008-04-06 and 2008-05-06 -----------------------------

2008-05-05 14:35:40 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-05-05 11:58:12 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla
2008-05-05 11:56:40 0 dr------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites
2008-05-05 11:56:40 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop
2008-05-05 11:56:40 0 d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies
2008-05-05 11:56:40 0 dr-h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
2008-05-05 11:56:40 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Identities
2008-05-05 11:56:40 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Gtek
2008-05-05 11:56:40 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\ATI
2008-05-05 11:56:39 0 dr-h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
2008-05-05 11:56:39 0 dr-h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Recent
2008-05-05 11:56:39 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\PrintHood
2008-05-05 11:56:39 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NetHood
2008-05-05 11:56:39 0 dr------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents
2008-05-05 11:56:39 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings
2008-05-05 11:56:38 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Templates
2008-05-05 11:56:38 0 dr------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu
2008-05-05 11:56:37 1048576 --ah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT
2008-05-05 02:02:21 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab
2008-05-05 02:02:19 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2008-05-04 22:48:06 0 d-------- C:\kav
2008-04-30 01:41:48 0 d-------- C:\b2c5d5248c605ae04c4612
2008-04-30 01:03:19 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\True Sword
2008-04-30 01:03:10 356352 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\eSellerateEngine.dll <Not Verified; eSellerate Inc.; eSellerateEngine>
2008-04-30 01:03:10 81920 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\eSellerateControl350.dll <Not Verified; eSellerate Inc.; eSellerate ActiveX Control>
2008-04-30 01:03:09 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\backuped
2008-04-30 01:03:09 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\True Sword 4
2008-04-30 00:33:51 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Webroot
2008-04-30 00:33:51 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Application Data\Webroot
2008-04-30 00:33:51 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Webroot
2008-04-30 00:32:29 164 --a------ C:\install.dat
2008-04-29 23:53:15 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-04-29 23:00:16 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2008-04-29 22:49:36 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-04-25 15:28:34 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-29 22:49:36 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2008-03-21 21:51:50 98304 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\CmdLineExt.dll <Not Verified; Sony DADC Austria AG.; >

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Broadcom Wireless Manager UI"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe" [12/19/2005 05:08 PM]
"SynTPEnh"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [09/22/2006 01:47 PM]
"Start RF Wireless Mouse"="C:\Program Files\Micro Innovations\Wireless Optical Travel Mouse\cm20.exe" [01/23/2006 02:24 PM]
"SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe" [09/22/2006 01:06 PM C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe]
"DVDLauncher"="C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe" [12/09/2005 10:29 PM]
"Dell QuickSet"="C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe" [08/23/2006 06:14 PM]
"ATICCC"="C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe" [05/10/2006 01:12 PM]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [11/03/2006 10:20 PM]
"AVG7_CC"="C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe" [04/19/2008 06:29 PM]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [02/09/2007 06:37 AM]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" [08/11/2005 03:30 PM]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [08/11/2005 03:30 PM]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe" []

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ModemOnHold"="C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe" [09/10/2003 04:24 AM]
"DellSupport"="C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" [08/28/2006 11:57 PM]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Digital Line Detect.lnk - C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [12/13/2006 10:59:36 PM]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2/13/2001 5:01:04 AM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\aawservice]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\WebrootSpySweeperService"

*Newly Created Service* - MDMXSDK

-- Hosts -----------------------------------------------------------------------

127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
127.0.0.1 008k.com
127.0.0.1 www.00hq.com
127.0.0.1 00hq.com
127.0.0.1 010402.com
127.0.0.1 www.032439.com
127.0.0.1 032439.com

8300 more entries in hosts file.

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-06 16:53:42 ------------

EXTRA:

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+
Percentage of Memory in Use: 25%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 894.04 MiB / 670.45 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 3512.91 MiB / 3378.27 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1944.27 MiB

C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 71.07 GiB total, 11.99 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (No Media)

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - Hitachi HTS541680J9SA00 - 74.53 GiB - 3 partitions
\PARTITION0 - Unknown - 70.57 MiB
\PARTITION1 (bootable) - Installable File System - 71.07 GiB - C:
\PARTITION2 - Unknown - 3.39 GiB

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is enabled.

FirstRunDisabled is set.
AntiVirusDisableNotify is set.
FirewallDisableNotify is set.

FW: Norton Internet Worm Protection v2006 (Symantec) Disabled
AV: AVG 7.5.524 v7.5.524 (Grisoft)

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\Red Chair Software\\Anapod Explorer\\anamgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Red Chair Software\\Anapod Explorer\\anamgr.exe:*:Enabled:Anapod Xtreamer"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe:*:Enabled:avgamsvr.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe:*:Enabled:avgcc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\GameTap\\bin\\Release\\gametap.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\GameTap\\bin\\Release\\gametap.exe:*:Enabled:GameTap Application"
"C:\\Novell\\GroupWise\\grpwise.exe"="C:\\Novell\\GroupWise\\grpwise.exe:*:Enabled:Novell GroupWise"
"C:\\Novell\\GroupWise\\notify.exe"="C:\\Novell\\GroupWise\\notify.exe:*:Enabled:Novell Notify"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office10\\OUTLOOK.EXE"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office10\\OUTLOOK.EXE:*:Enabled:Outlook"

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=TIMS-LAPTOP
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\Administrator
KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE
LOGONSERVER=\\TIMS-LAPTOP
MKL_SERIAL=YES
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\;c:\program files\microsoft sql server\80\tools\binn\;c:\program files\quicktime\qtsystem\;c:\program files\common files\adobe\agl;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\bin;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\bin\win32;c:\matlab6p5\bin\win32;
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 76 Stepping 2, AuthenticAMD
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=4c02
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
QTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
SAFEBOOT_OPTION=MINIMAL
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=TIMS-LAPTOP
USERNAME=Administrator
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
windir=C:\WINDOWS

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

Tim [I](admin)
Administrator (admin)

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

--> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
--> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fC:\WINDOWS\orun32.isu
--> rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Ad-Aware 2007 --> MsiExec.exe /I{DED53B0B-B67C-4244-AE6A-D6FD3C28D1EF}
Adobe Audition 2.0 --> msiexec /I {01CEC7E5-70FD-4D06-8FAD-BF21DF0CC6DC}
Adobe Bridge 1.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AE3D38A6-13B1-40B3-9423-D1FA9982FB6A}
Adobe Common File Installer --> MsiExec.exe /I{8EDBA74D-0686-4C99-BFDD-F894678E5102}
Adobe Help Center 2.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{8FFC924C-ED06-44CB-8867-3CA778ECE903}
Adobe Reader 7.0.9 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70900000002}
AMD Processor Driver --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{C151CE54-E7EA-4804-854B-F515368B0798}\setup.exe" -l0x9
Anapod CopyGear (remove only) --> "C:\Program Files\Red Chair Software\Shared\anagear_uninst.exe"
Anapod Explorer (remove only) --> "C:\Program Files\Red Chair Software\Anapod Explorer\uninst.exe"
AOLIcon --> MsiExec.exe /I{62BD0AE0-4EB1-4BBB-8F43-B6400C8FEB2C}
Apple Software Update --> MsiExec.exe /I{A260B422-70E1-41E2-957D-F76FA21266D5}
ATI Catalyst Control Center --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC6AE077-1566-4655-BE73-38A869C150DC}
ATI Display Driver --> rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiiiexx.dll,_InfEngUnInstallINFFile_RunDLL@16 -force_restart -flags:0x2010001 -inf_class:DISPLAY -clean
AVG 7.5 --> C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\setup.exe /UNINSTALL
Broadcom Management Programs --> MsiExec.exe /I{FB64BF25-3593-4E4E-AA85-84AEF1D1475F}
Canon Camera Support Core Library --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{91F1A0D6-23AD-49FE-8D4E-379485652214} /l1033
Canon Camera Window DS for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{91203BD3-6C3E-472F-ADBD-F60FDC7C4010}
Canon Camera Window DVC for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{4C96958A-6562-4143-B820-FF4890D3B734}
Canon Camera Window for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{C7281207-4AA4-425E-B57A-0E9EF8445635}
Canon MovieEdit Task for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{8AF1E098-1A5C-4336-BBE2-D047ABB401ED}
Canon PhotoRecord --> MsiExec.exe /X{0878E100-C0BB-41E8-B4C6-C486B61FDA7B}
Canon RAW Image Task for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{45EF4EE3-F591-4B74-A477-0CAE12934CE7}
Canon RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{28291BD5-92D2-4685-82DC-CCA925C53CCA}
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1 --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{218BBBE3-FE63-4BB2-81A8-7435575A84FA}
Canon ZoomBrowser EX --> MsiExec.exe /X{C1D76D7A-F3BB-47EA-A746-5B1E2FFC1DF2}
Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem --> C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\CNXT_MODEM_HDAUDIO_VEN_14F1&DEV_2BFA&SUBSYS_14F100C3\HXFSETUP.EXE -U -Idel1028p.inf
Corel Snapfire Plus --> MsiExec.exe /I{7ADE3A47-B425-45E9-8FF6-11BE2B775645}
Dell Digital Jukebox Driver --> C:\Program Files\Dell\Digital Jukebox Drivers\DrvUnins.exe /s
Dell Support 3.2.1 --> MsiExec.exe /X{CEE2252C-4035-4B27-8EC6-0B085DD3A413}
Dell Wireless WLAN Card --> "C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Wireless WLAN Card\bcmwlu00.exe" verbose /rootkey="Software\Broadcom\802.11\UninstallInfo" /rootdir="C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Wireless WLAN Card"
Digital Content Portal --> MsiExec.exe /I{B702CCCE-3176-4DBF-B932-D1B8F402F330}
Digital Line Detect --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E646DCF0-5A68-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanel
Enigma --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{1F145099-1224-4C5B-84F2-7AE6DC699F1A}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
FlexPDE5 --> C:\FlexPDE5\UNINST~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\FlexPDE5\UNINST~1\INSTALL.LOG
GameTap --> C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{67E158AF-8856-4337-B483-EA21930786AF}\setup.exe -runfromtemp -l0x0009 -removeonly
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer --> MsiExec.exe /I{DBEA1034-5882-4A88-8033-81C4EF0CFA29}
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer --> regsvr32 /u /s "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll"
GroupWise --> MsiExec.exe /I{1C016A32-6BE3-475A-AA57-83195D07EE0C}
High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB835221 --> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB835221WXP$\spuninst\spuninst.exe
HijackThis 2.0.2 --> "C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
Igor Pro --> C:\WINDOWS\unvise32.exe C:\Program Files\Igor Pro Folder\uninstal.log
IrfanView (remove only) --> C:\Program Files\IrfanView\iv_uninstall.exe
iTunes --> MsiExec.exe /I{AB90749C-7422-4580-8A7A-66CC5E9E5F98}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150100}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150110}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150040}
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150060}
Kaspersky Online Scanner --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Online Scanner\kavuninstall.exe
Learn2 Player (Uninstall Only) --> C:\Program Files\Learn2.com\StRunner\stuninst.exe
Line 6 Edit (remove only) --> "C:\Program Files\Line6\Line 6 Edit\Uninstall.exe"
Line 6 Monkey 1.18 (Remove Only) --> C:\Program Files\Line6\Tools\Line 6 Monkey\Uninstall.exe
Live 6.0.1 --> C:\PROGRA~1\Ableton\LIVE60~1.1\Install\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\Ableton\LIVE60~1.1\Install\INSTALL.LOG
Logitech Gaming Software --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{5C1DA723-24FC-48AD-93BA-925695C3EF26}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
M-Audio Reason Control Surface --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F72DD596-F857-463C-AA43-647B45FCE14D}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
MA_CMIDI --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{379BD39E-F13E-458F-96D8-56BD7F2CC516}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
MathType 5 --> "C:\Program Files\MathType\Setup.exe" -R
MATLAB 6.5 --> C:\MATLAB6p5\uninstall\uninstall.exe C:\MATLAB6p5
MATLAB R2007a --> C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\uninstall\uninstall.exe C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\
Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006 --> MsiExec.exe /X{F413D795-B077-4A96-AE75-810BBA673A0E}
Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage --> MsiExec.exe /I{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}
Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition Installer --> MsiExec.exe /X{6E45BA47-383C-4C1E-8ED0-0D4845C293D7}
Microsoft Plus! Photo Story 2 LE --> MsiExec.exe /X{0EB5D9B7-8E6C-4A9E-B74F-16B7EE89A67B}
Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MICROSOFTSMLBIZ) --> MsiExec.exe /X{E09B48B5-E141-427A-AB0C-D3605127224A}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable --> MsiExec.exe /X{A49F249F-0C91-497F-86DF-B2585E8E76B7}
Modem Helper --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{7F142D56-3326-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanel
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.14) --> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
National Instruments Software --> "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\NIUninstaller\uninst.exe"
NetWaiting --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3F92ABBB-6BBF-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanel
NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{9035E260-3188-11D4-80F7-0050DA5A2C97}
PowerDVD 5.7 --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}\setup.exe" -uninstall
QuickSet --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{C5074CC4-0E26-4716-A307-960272A90040}\setup.exe" -l0x9 APPDRVNT4
QuickTime --> MsiExec.exe /I{5E863175-E85D-44A6-8968-82507D34AE7F}
RealPlayer --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
Reason 3.0 --> "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason\Uninstall Reason\unins000.exe"
SBA --> MsiExec.exe /I{20F51690-133A-453C-B616-1C15AB2C0EF0}
SearchAssist --> C:\DELL\SearchAssist\UninstSA.bat
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB898458$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB923723$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Serif DrawPlus 4.0 --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Serif\dp40.isu"
Setup --> C:\Program Files\DOM\uninst.exe
Spy Sweeper --> "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\unins000.exe"
Spybot - Search & Destroy --> "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\unins000.exe"
Starcraft --> C:\WINDOWS\scunin.exe C:\WINDOWS\scunin.dat
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver --> rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall
True Sword 4 --> "C:\Program Files\True Sword 4\unins000.exe"
URL Assistant --> regsvr32 /u /s "C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll"
Viewpoint Media Player --> C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Experience Technology\mtsAxInstaller.exe /u
Waves Diamond Bundle v5.2 --> C:\PROGRA~1\Waves\DIAMON~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\Waves\DIAMON~1\INSTALL.LOG
Windows Defender --> MsiExec.exe /I{A06275F4-324B-4E85-95E6-87B2CD729401}
Wireless Optical Travel Mouse --> C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{34362F4A-8FA6-4903-8DE4-E91DAD995AA1}\setup.exe

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type7076 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/06/2008 04:52:52 PM
Event ID/Source: 8 / crypt32
Event Description:
Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: The server name or address could not be resolved

Event Record #/Type7073 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/06/2008 04:31:47 PM
Event ID/Source: 3002 / WinDefendRtp
Event Description:
%TIMS-LAPTOP27 Real-Time Protection agent has encountered an error and failed to start.

User: TIMS-LAPTOP\Tim

Agent: IEDownloadsAndOutlookAttachmentsAgent

Error Code: 0x8007139f

Error description: The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

Event Record #/Type7072 / Error
Event Description:
%TIMS-LAPTOP27 Real-Time Protection agent has encountered an error and failed to start.

Agent: IEAddInsAgent

Error description: The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

Event Record #/Type7071 / Error
Event Description:

Agent: IEConfigurationAgent

Event Record #/Type7070 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/06/2008 04:31:43 PM
Event ID/Source: 1000 / Application Error
Event Description:
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module repdrvfs.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000170f3.
Processing media-specific event for [svchost.exe!ws!]

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type34832 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/06/2008 04:48:17 PM
Event ID/Source: 10005 / DCOM
Event Description:
DCOM got error "%%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments ""
in order to run the server:
{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

Event Record #/Type34831 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/06/2008 04:45:19 PM
Event ID/Source: 10005 / DCOM
Event Description:
DCOM got error "%%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments ""
in order to run the server:
{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

Event Record #/Type34830 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/06/2008 04:37:56 PM
Event ID/Source: 7026 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
AmdK8
APPDRV
Avg7Core
Avg7RsW
Avg7RsXP
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip

Event Record #/Type34829 / Error
Event ID/Source: 7001 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%31

Event Record #/Type34828 / Error
Event ID/Source: 7001 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%31

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-06 16:53:42 ------------

Thanks again.

Blade81
2008-05-07, 08:43
Hi

Can't find any sign of malware there. This maybe hardware problem too. I suggest you ask people at http://forums.pcpitstop.com since we don't have technical subforum here at Safer Networking Forums.

Richie Daggers
2008-05-07, 18:33
When I preformed the DSS scan I was in safe mode. In safe mode I don't have the Win32 error message, nor does my computer have the problems that it does when booted normally. Could the clean DSS scan be because I was in safe mode and so any malware that is possibly on my computer would not be running and so not seen by DSS?

I haven't made any changes to my system so I don't see how this could be hardware related. I know that some people have had this same problem when using HP printers, etc, but I don't own any HP products.

Anyways, I will go by the forum you mentioned and see if they can help. I appreciate your help and if you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Blade81
2008-05-07, 19:03
Hi

I still recommend asking at PC Pitstop since the problem really looks more technical than malware related. Also, it's not necessarily only HP products that causes this.

Blade81
2008-05-14, 23:08
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.