PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Odins Beard I need HELP!!!

Agent Graves
2008-05-07, 00:52
Hi-ya...

Of late, I've been having issues with my computer, which is a Frankenstein, and by that I mean that I didn't have a hand in building it. It was built by a friend of mine whom, sadly is no longer with us today.

The problem that I am having is as follows;

* When I go to open or do any other app. while having the internet (firefox) going it jams up and nothing works. this happens when I try to play any media while on the internet.

*If I had been operating any sort of media or text document before running the internet, the internet it self jams up.

*When I go to shut down the computer, only my desktop goes away leaving my background and the mouse still active.

*When I run my virus scanner (Avast) It stalls out at WINDOWS/SYSTEM32

I've asked around and it would seem that the idea is that it's my registry but I've gone and downloaded 3 programs in attempt to cure this illness, but I've gotten no results.

In fact one of the programs stalled before I could even use it now, after I've removed the program 100%, I get errors for that program popping up.

I run Windows XP...

IS there ANYONE that can help me out. I only know a real basic understanding of computers but ironically enough, I need the computer to function for work.
I've tried some programs - - RegCure, Glarysoft Registry Repair - - but I come up empty handed each time, RegCure requires that I pay before it fixes my errors and all of that as does Glarysoft RR.

Please help if anyone knows what I can do to fix this asap this would be great

I would have to note,I MAY require a walk through.

tashi
2008-05-07, 01:14
Hi there,

Running registry cleaners is generally not a good idea, especially trying several. :lip:

Had the machine been infected before the errors started?

You may have to perform a repair installation of the XP operating system, if a system restore has not helped.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

Regards. :)

Agent Graves
2008-05-07, 01:20
ah thanks