PDA

View Full Version : ITBar Layout what is it

sharonann
2008-05-07, 11:29
When going onto the internet I keep getting the following pop up from Spybot to Allow or Deny the following,

Category: User specific Browser Toolbar

Change: Value Added

Entry: ITBarLayout

New Date: HEX,11,00,00,00,4C,00,00,00,00,00,34

Can anyone help by telling me what this is I keep denying it but it keeps continually coming up. I did a search on your forum which said to look at the black list lists but I have nothing on there.

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-07, 12:08
sharonann:

The Browser ITBarLayout registry entry controls the layout of Internet Explorer's toolbars.

sharonann
2008-05-07, 13:36
Why would it be asking me, should I be allowing it or denying it. At present i am repeatedly denying it and its a pain keep coming up and i am not sure if I should be allowing it.

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-07, 13:54
sharonann:

Since the change is coming up repetitively, there must be some software attempting to make the change. Did you add anything to the toolbar or change the layout of your toolbar?

sharonann
2008-05-08, 15:24
The only things I have done recently is i disabled some items on start up as It was taking a long time to load my desktop, but nothing came up at the same time as I made the changes. Usually the pop up appears at the time you make a change.

atlas200
2008-06-26, 19:06
Hallo, i'm writing from Italy. Today on my desktop appears the window of resident asking me for a change of configuration of IFBar.
If i say no and i flag "remember this decision", other windows is opening continuosly.
Please whats happen? I did a scan with spybot but all results ok.
Please help me, i can't work in this conditions.
I think it's a problem like thet of sharonann.
I try to attatch a .jpg of the windows but it’s impossible.
Thank you.

drragostea
2008-06-26, 19:17
Hallo, i'm writing from Italy. Today on my desktop appears the window of resident asking me for a change of configuration of IFBar.
If i say no and i flag "remember this decision", other windows is opening continuosly.
Please whats happen? I did a scan with spybot but all results ok.
Please help me, i can't work in this conditions.
I think it's a problem like thet of sharonann.
I try to attatch a .jpg of the windows but it’s impossible.
Thank you.

SaferNetworking Forums does not allow jpeg images to be attached. Why? I do not know because the webmaster makes the rules.

If you cannot attach it, attach it to a reputable image hosting site such as 'Photobucket'.
--

In TeaTimer 1.5:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information: Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes". You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
--
If you clicked on Remember my Decision, then it is possible to undo this "change". However, for allowed or denied once entries, it would be impossible to undo.

Find the entry in TeaTimer and double click on the red X. Spybot will then undo the change. However, you will be prompted next time.

My question to you is (like md's question), have you installed a toolbar or something similar? Like Yahoo! or Google toolbar? Have you told TeaTimer to allow the change? If so, does the prompt come back?

atlas200
2008-06-26, 19:30
Thank you drragostea for the quik replay!!! The answer in: no. I do not make any variation, my doubt is that surfing some site something is happened. But what happen if i say "yes" remember this decision? I'm under attack of a spyware, a virus, something? I think this is not a correct situation. What could i have to do?
Thanks a lot!!!

drragostea
2008-06-26, 19:38
SaferNetworking Forums does not allow jpeg images to be attached. Why? I do not know because the webmaster makes the rules.

If you cannot attach it, attach it to a reputable image hosting site such as 'Photobucket'.
--

In TeaTimer 1.5:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information: Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes". You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
--
If you clicked on Remember my Decision, then it is possible to undo this "change". However, for allowed or denied once entries, it would be impossible to undo.

Find the entry in TeaTimer and double click on the red X. Spybot will then undo the change. However, you will be prompted next time.

Answer the question. Have read my directions?

atlas200
2008-06-26, 19:57
Now i have switch off tea timer, or i can't work. How can i enter in tea timer ? And when i undo my decision you say that
However, you will be prompted next time. so tomorrow i'm in the same condition...or i do not understand something?

drragostea
2008-06-26, 20:18
*sigh.

That is not what I meant! You were not supposed to switch off TeaTimer. Re-enable Teatimer via Spybot-SD ADVANCED MODE. Find TOOLS>RESIDENT. Enable TeaTimer. If not, then TeaTimer will be active on next reboot.

Did you double click on the redX?

Find the ITBAR entry in one of the four tabs and undo it.

By next time, I mean simply "next time". It is a variable. I do not know when it will be the next prompt. It could be tomorrow. I don't know.

The point is that have you undo-ed the entry. If you did it correctly, you will be able to see the next prompt.

atlas200
2008-06-30, 15:01
Hy Drragostea, sorry for my delay.
Let me understand please: if i delay in "Modifiche al registro bloccate"="Amendments to register blocked" this:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software|Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\ITBarLayout=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software|Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\ITBarLayout(0E5CBF21.......... is not dangerous? If i delay this and i give permission to the amendments to register is not dangerous for my P.C.? Please let me know it. How can i do before removing this in my spybot tea timer?
Thank you for your replay.

drragostea
2008-06-30, 18:45
If I'm understanding this correctly, you are attempting to UNDO the change correct? Double click on the RED X. If it prompts you to change, eg. Do you really want to remove this entry? You click OK. Then OK to exit the window.

atlas200
2008-06-30, 21:19
If I'm understanding this correctly, you are attempting to UNDO the change correct? Double click on the RED X. If it prompts you to change, eg. Do you really want to remove this entry? You click OK. Then OK to exit the window.
Drragostea i undertud this. My problem is another.
When i remove the entry who stop the change of registry what's happen in my computer??? Now i have continuosly windows every time i log in internet but what' s happen if i move the stop of tea timer????

drragostea
2008-06-30, 21:20
Any software that may be causing an addition to IE?

If TeaTimer prompts you next about the "ITBAR" change, you ALLOW it.

atlas200
2008-06-30, 23:46
OK, but is not dangerous to do so for the operating system? May not cause damage to allow the change?

drragostea
2008-07-01, 00:58
I don't see how it is "dangerous" for your system.

Allowing it is up to you. I can't force you to. And it's your OS. I'm assuming ALLOWing the prompt will end it's constant popups on your desktop on bootup.

Looks like paranoia to me. As md usa spybot fan asked, is there any software that could have altered or add some toolbar?
--
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=189608&postcount=4
--