PDA

View Full Version : Working around admin on XP for 1.5 upgrade

bar_keep
2008-05-07, 18:14
Hi all. I have SD1.4 currently installed on my work computer. I've upgraded to SD1.5 at home on my home computer and really love the upgrades! I can't get the big shots at work to dl and install SD1.5 for me even though I have expressed the advantages. I feel SD1.5 is needed. I dl the installer but as I figured can not install since I am a user on this machine, not an admin and can not get in as an admin. I was told by admin it will be updated 'when time permits', which means maybe by Xmas. When I installed SD years ago, thay all thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread at the time. Some professional organization here. My question: Is there a version that upgrades to SD1.5 capabilities while using SD1.4 foundation? In other words, is there a way around having to be logged as an admin and installing SD1.5? I know its a tall question, but I have been using SD for years and it has saved me numerous times. I believe in SD whole-heartedly.
Thanks for any help. If it can't be done, well I'll just kick and scream until admin does it. Hopefully I'll still be alive to enjoy it!

2008-05-07, 19:13
I just recommend you keep reminding your administrators to update to the latest version. :)

bar_keep
2008-05-09, 15:50
Thanks. I'll just keep pesting until they see the SD light.

2008-05-09, 22:20
Thanks. I'll just keep pesting until they see the SD light.

Good :)