PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Spybot wants to kill my computer!!

raging
2008-05-08, 16:49
My PC Crashes When I Finish Scan !!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I run a S&D scan I am getting a weird error message (something about include errors.log) and then when I go to finish the scan, i.e. finish and fix selected problems, as soon as i do that, my computer goes blank, shuts itself down and restarts. Then I get a message from Microsoft telling me the comp. has suffered a major error. Microsoft directed me to the help centre and advised that it was some sort of driver error due to new hardware being installed and advised a system restore; I did that and it still has not fixed anyhting. S&D has never caused me a problem before; ever... The issue appears to be when it comes time to cleanout the "usage tracks" (GREEN), specifically in the Log section (in fact, after doing hundreds of scans, this is the first time I've ever seen those usage tracks).

Is it a bug? A virus on my PC? i tried updating $&D and rerunning. I also immunised. Is there something fatally wrong with my S&D.... Should i simply uninstall???? Help, please..I hate computers

I really have no idea what might be wrong or what I might have done to cause this, and I don't know what version of S&D I have (installed it in november of 2007). I ran a Norton scan and found no viruses on my computer. i also ran a Windows Defender scan. If I uninstall the s&D and then redownload it, would that make the problem go away.

2008-05-08, 19:40
is possibly really infected. Did you notice this problem when first running spybot? do a system restore 2 days before this problem. Does it still happen?

1.) How long have you had spybot? Did you just install it recently?

2.) Have you removed any threats with spybot recently?

3.) Have you installed new software recently?

4.) Installed new hardware recently?

If any other programs were installed recently there may be a software issue. Incompatibility's might be the cause.

If you think your pc is infected and you want to make sure it is clean:
Visit the malware removal forums.

BEFORE YOU POST:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

AREA TO POST:

http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

raging
2008-05-08, 20:58
I have no idea why; the most recent program I installed was FileZilla; also the newest version of C Cleaner... and Norton Anti-Virus 2008 I have not installed any hardware recently; i have not removed any threats except for the fact that every single time I run spybot, I have to fix the problem (red text) that says "windows security disabled".... this is always the case ever since I installed Norton 2008 because I made Norton my firwewall, not Windows... do you think it might just be incompatibiloiy with norton or c cleaner or filezilla????

I have encountered problems with norton conflicting with my outlook express... but in any event the specific "log" that causes my comp to crash when I fix it/delete it mentions something about Shut Down....is it perhaps some sort of shut down command????

2008-05-09, 01:40
as for the windows security notification your getting, thats because norton prob disabled windows security center. Spybot is just informing you of that, letting you know that security center is not monitoring your security programs. As for the other issue.....i would wait for a spybot team member to assist you. I have run out of ideas, sorry. :(