PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 1.5.2 Autofix on Limited User Accounts

drunkpile
2008-05-08, 20:03
Hi, I am running a small server with XP on limited user accounts. The problem here is that upon startup, when we run a Spybot update, scan and autofix, we get a message:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/drunkpile/errormsg.jpg

It seems that I must grant my limited users admin rights to complete the autofix function, which is not an option I want to explore.

Am I to assume that although we are being updated, nothing is being fixed? Should I disable the autofix and have the limited users manually fix the problems? We never had a problem with 1.4 and I am leaning toward going back to it in spite of the two trojan error dialogues that kept showing up (which is why we upgraded).

Please keep in mind that we are running XP pro and some of our computers are a bit old (pIII)! Any suggestions? I could not find a solution that helped in any searches and was advised to post a new thread.

Thanks!

dp

drunkpile
2008-05-10, 04:24
Any clue?

Do I need more information?

Let me know.

I usually can figure things out by searching the threads but in this case, I had to post a thread. Any help will be apprecieated.

Thanks,

dp

drunkpile
2008-05-12, 13:20
Not a bite...

Well I guess I will just keep 1.4 running for a while until I can get something that won't need admin rights to fix problems.

Thanks?