PDA

View Full Version : Bug with search & destroy

1pLUs44
2008-05-12, 06:27
Well for some reason, after I downloaded the update, I went and tried to scan....

It stopped at the virus searching part called If I recall correctly "Win.32qouch" or something like that. Is there something wrong with it,or is it regular, it stopped near the end after that... Should I re-install it?

email me at bcrm1@suddenlink.net

(my main e-mail I do not check as often.)

:)

Greyfox
2008-05-12, 07:45
1pLUs44,

Welcome to the forum.
Your question is a bit vague. What operating system do you have, what version of SpybotSD are you using and to what update do you refer?

You say

It stopped at the virus searching part called If I recall correctly "Win.32qouch" or something like that
and then you say

it stopped near the end after that
What was displayed on the main part of the screen at the time and what did you do when it stopped the first time? Obviously something happened for it to be able to stop near the end after that. Again what was on the screen when it stopped the second time, and what did you do about that?

If you aren't using the latest version 1.5.2.20, can I suggest you download it from one of the sites at http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html
I suggest you uninstall the old version completely before installing the new version. Then do another scan and make notes of exactly what happens.

PS I would recommend against giving your email address on a forum post

drragostea
2008-05-13, 00:18
1pLUs44,
PS I would recommend against giving your email address on a forum post

Spammers or so called "spam-bots" look out for e-mail accounts with @ in it. Also, like Greyfox mentioned what OS (operating system) are you using? Have you tried a disk cleanup? Removing temp. files, cache, and "browser tracks".