PDA

View Full Version : XP Multiple Users question

Libra
2006-03-04, 04:51
I would like to know if it is okay to run Spybot on one account when other programs are running in another limited user account. Also, if you can run Spybot in the actual user account while the programs are running (like AOL and Trillian). (This is with regard to my daughter's XP computer and she never wants to sign out of these programs..or one of them). I have always run Spybot when other items like these aren't running.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-04, 14:59
You should be OK running Spybot from an account while the other account has active programs or with active programs in the current account.

Please note however that you should also periodically run Spybot from the other account. Although the entire system is scanned for most malware, due to restrictions in the Microsoft APIs (Application Program Interfaces) used by Spybot, the scan from one account does not include the Internet cache, cookies and some other user specific entries of other accounts.

Libra
2006-03-04, 21:33
Thank you md usa spybot fan. I always run spybot on all accounts, but I try to wait until my daughter gets off AOL. Since that's not necessary, I'll scan with it running. I appreciate your advice.

Sincerely, Libra