PDA

View Full Version : Process Blacklisted - System Tray notification

johnb352
2008-05-13, 22:13
I keep getting this popup notification in the System Tray. The message says: 70050 process blacklisted.
App. C:\Program Files\Spybot....
Data C:\Documents .....

and it doesn't show the remainder of the message after "C:\Documents..."
If I look under Settings, all of the Black & White Lists are empty.

How do I find out what this popup message is?

Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-13, 22:49
johnb352:

I keep getting this popup notification in the System Tray. The message says: 70050 process blacklisted.
App. C:\Program Files\Spybot....
Data C:\Documents .....

and it doesn't show the remainder of the message after "C:\Documents..."
If I look under Settings, all of the Black & White Lists are empty.

How do I find out what this popup message is?

Thanks
I do not believe that you are "getting a popup notification". I believe what you are actually seeing is just the title information display of TeaTimer's icon when you run your cursor over the TeaTimer icon in the taskbar notification area (system tray). The TeaTimer icon looks like a document or window with a padlock in the lower left hand corner. The TeaTimer icon is actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident" and presents addition information within the limits of the display area below the "Spybot-SD Resident" title.

johnb352
2008-05-13, 23:02
johnb352:

I do not believe that you are "getting a popup notification". I believe what you are actually seeing is just the title information display of TeaTimer's icon when you run your cursor over the TeaTimer icon in the taskbar notification area (system tray). The TeaTimer icon looks like a document or window with a padlock in the lower left hand corner. The TeaTimer icon is actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident" and presents addition information within the limits of the display area below the "Spybot-SD Resident" title.

That's correct. The way I described it, as a popup, is incorrect. But back to my question: how do I find out what it's referring to? It looks like it's referring to something in the My Documents and Settings folder.

drragostea
2008-05-14, 01:36
This link should answer your questions.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=27886

:cowboy:

Greyfox
2008-05-14, 03:54
The message says: 70050 process blacklisted.

John, simple answer - the 70050 you see is the number of processes or items that the Resident "Teatimer" is protecting your system against. Nothing to worry about. The rest is as stated by md usa spybot fan.

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-14, 05:50
johnb352:

It looks like it's referring to something in the My Documents and Settings folder.
The reference is most likely pointing to where Spybot stores application data: Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Are you running Windows Windows NT, 2000 or XP?

johnb352
2008-05-14, 22:10
johnb352:

The reference is most likely pointing to where Spybot stores application data: Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Are you running Windows Windows NT, 2000 or XP?

Windows XP