Pinkmullet
2008-05-14, 20:45
I have this message on my PC currently
Category : session manager
Change: value
Entry: boot execute
Old data: autocheck autochk* \lsdelete
New data:

From what I gather, something is trying to delete autocheck, is this right? allow or deny?

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-14, 22:10
Pinkmullet:

The default for the "BootExecute" in the "CurrentControlSet" "Session Manager" is usually "autocheck autochk *". It appears that Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2007 adds the extra parameter lsdelete.

Yes, it looks like something deleted the entry and by doing a "Deny change" in TeaTimer the entry should be restored to "autocheck autochk * lsdelete".

shp33
2008-08-14, 17:26
I have the following confirm or deny change. Not sure if this is the same since it doesn't have the "lsdelete" value.

Catagory: Session manager
Change: Value added
Entry: BootExecute
Old data: (greyed out and blank)
New Data: autocheck autochk *\

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-14, 17:52
shp33:

... Not sure if this is the same since it doesn't have the "lsdelete" value. ...
You don't have the "lsdelete" value possibly because you don't have Lavasoft's Ad-Aware:

... It appears that Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2007 adds the extra parameter lsdelete. ...

But it is not the same because Pinkmullet's was a delete (New data: ) and yours is an add of the registry entry (New Data: autocheck autochk *\). You should allow the change because "autocheck autochk *\" is the normal default value of that entry.

shp33
2008-08-14, 18:29
Thanks...I allowed the change and now have a new request:

Category: Session manager
Change: Value added
Entry: ExcludeFrom KnownDlls

I'm hoping that this should be allowed as well?

donvonretina
2008-08-14, 19:35
I've got the exact same message upon allowing the previous change. Next move?

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-14, 21:55
shp33:
donvonretina:

For the meaning of the BootExecute and ExcludeFromKnownDlls registry entries, see:
BootExecute
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/regentry/46697.mspx
ExcludeFromKnownDlls
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/regentry/69679.mspx
re: ExcludeFromKnownDlls

The ExcludeFromKnownDlls normally does not contain any excluded DLLs. If the "New Data:" is blank that would indicate to me that that the entry is as mine is and should be allowed.

What were you doing on your respective systems that stimulated those changes?

donvonretina
2008-08-15, 01:54
That's the real question, isn't it?

I did not install or change any programs prior to this Tea Timer notification. The only thing I can think of is due to Mozilla Firefox -- I restored a session after the application crashed.

Sound likely?

BTW, I'm running Vista Home Basic (Ugh!) on a Compaq SR5030NX -- 3.20GHZ Pentium 4 Dual Core w/ 1535MB RAM.

Well, I just allowed the change. Nothing bad yet...

musicalpulltoy
2009-03-10, 08:46
it came up when installing SP3......

sherrilina
2009-06-29, 06:08
But it is not the same because Pinkmullet's was a delete (New data: ) and yours is an add of the registry entry (New Data: autocheck autochk *\). You should allow the change because "autocheck autochk *\" is the normal default value of that entry.
So if I accidentally blacklisted this action (as in check "always do this" after clicking "deny change") how can I reverse this so the normal default can return?

drragostea
2009-06-29, 23:42
Right click on TeaTimer's icon in the taskbar and click "Settings". There'll be four columns and in one of the "Blocked..." columns should be the "autocheck autochk *\" value. Double click on it, and you'll get a prompt about deleting it. Click "Ok".