PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mail and URL: http://ad.yieldmanager.com

JaeBon
2008-05-15, 19:09
Whenever I try to go to my Yahoo mail page, a pop up appears saying,
"URL: http://ad.yieldmanager.com/st?ad_type=ifran
Identified as: Right Media"
I always click Deny. The pop up also appears whenever I leave the Yahoo mail page. I tried going to internet options and setting content advisor to never allow this site, but then I could not go to Yahoo inbox. Is there a way to block the site with Spybot so that the pop up will not constantly appear? Thanks for taking time to read my posting.

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-15, 19:53
JaeBon:

As long as the blocking of yieldmanager.com URLs by Spybot's SDHelper BHO (Browser Helper Object) is not adversely affecting your access to Yahoo, you can block the yieldmanager.com URLs without receiving a dialog message from Spybot's SDHelper that requires an answer.

Go into Internet Explorer » Tools » select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among:
Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Block all pages silently".

jaipop
2008-06-01, 05:14
I think I am having the same problem, but I can't implement the fix because I use Yahoo's browser and it doesn't have the "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" under the Tools menu and I don't see it anywhere else. Is there anthing I can do other than switch to using an IE browser?

Just to confirm that I do have the same problem list in this thread here is the pop-up I can't when I go to my yahoo home-page and then it shows up about every 60 seconds when I'm in my yahoo mail account:

The current web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?

Current site: ad.yieldmanager.com
Trusted site: C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-01, 09:28
jaipop:

Spybot's SDHelper BHO (Browser Helper Object) only works with Internet explorer. Therefore your problem is not the same as JaeBon described nor is the solution applicable.