PDA

View Full Version : Tea Timer vanishes from Start list

Flyvapnet
2008-05-16, 04:48
I've had the Tea Timer or Resident starting with the system for some time now, but a few days ago it failed to start when I initialized my computing system. I noticed there was no Tea Timer or Resident listed at startup in "msconfig," nor was there a relevant logo in the Startup folder.

Inside Spybot Search and Destroy, I discovered the box next to "Tea Timer" was not ticked; but I had not unticked that box! So I ticked the box, again, yet at the next system start-up no Tea Timer logo appeared: That box inside Spybot Search and Destroy had mysteriously become unticked once more.

So I decided to put a shortcut to the Tea Timer in Startup under Programs, but try as I might I could not find any file labeled either "Tea Timer" or "Resident." Where is the Tea Timer hiding?

:sad:

=^..^=

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-16, 05:55
Flyvapnet:

... but try as I might I could not find any file labeled either "Tea Timer" or "Resident." Where is the Tea Timer hiding?
In Spybot 1.5.2 some of Spybot's executables are hidden as protected operating system files. To see them:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
In the Tools menu select Folder Options…
In the Folder Options dialog select the View tab.
Under the "Hidden files and folders" options:
Make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected.
Not "Do not show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck the following option:
Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)
Click the Apply button.
Click the OK button.
The files should now be displayed
Note: If you uncheck the "Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)" option to view Spybot's executables, I suggest that you return the option to its original setting when you are done.

Flyvapnet
2008-05-16, 10:08
Thank you, md usa spybot fan, for your timely help! A shortcut to the Tea Timer is now happily inhabiting my Start > Programs > Startup folder. Thanks again!

:2thumb:

=^..^=