PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Tools menu

ChalupaPatrol
2008-05-16, 20:58
When did Spybot Configuration become a part of Internet Explorer Tools drop down menu? Was it with version 1.5.2.20? I never noticed it until recently. And how the heck does Spybot rate over other security applications when it comes to claiming a place in the browser Tools menu? I mean, why is Spybot there and not BOClean or avast! or ThreatFire or SpywareBlaster or any of the hundreds of others? I don't get it.

And can someone kindly tell me where I can view the 1 blocked blacklisted site that I see in the settings statistics in that menu? I clicked on Allow&Denied but it is empty.

In case it makes a difference, I run SDHelper but not TeaTimer.

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-16, 22:11
ChalupaPatrol:

When did Spybot Configuration become a part of Internet Explorer Tools drop down menu? Was it with version 1.5.2.20? ...
Starting with the impletion of Spybot 1.5, Spybot's SDHelper Browser Helper Object (BHO) adds an item to the Internet Explorer Tools drop down menu.

... how the heck does Spybot rate over other security applications when it comes to claiming a place in the browser Tools menu? I mean, why is Spybot there and not BOClean or avast! or ThreatFire or SpywareBlaster or any of the hundreds of others? I don't get it. ...
It is not a question that Spybot rates over other security applications. The developers of Spybot felt that adding an IE Tools menu item was the easiest (best) way to allow you to control options in the SDHelper BHO. Many of the other security applications that you mentioned don't utilize IE BHOs and therefore adding an IE Tools menu item would be inappropriate.

ChalupaPatrol
2008-05-16, 23:16
And can someone kindly tell me where I can view the 1 blocked blacklisted site that I see in the settings statistics in that menu? I clicked on Allow&Denied but it is empty.