PDA

View Full Version : yahoo mail slows to a crawl with spybot

oohansel
2008-05-17, 07:36
how do i fix that?

so i uninstalled

drragostea
2008-05-17, 19:08
What Operating System are you using? What Internet Borwser are you using (IE, FF, Opera)? Clarify your problem and elaborate.

oohansel
2008-05-17, 19:14
What Operating System are you using? What Internet Borwser are you using (IE, FF, Opera)? Clarify your problem and elaborate.

windows xp home edition. IE 7

yahoo mail inbox loads slowly and if one looks at the bottom of the page at the loading window the 'blue' indicator never finishes it load from left to right, it never goes to solid grey.

drragostea
2008-05-17, 19:20
So, it's like your IE7 browser never completes loading Yahoo! Mail... Can it be a possible connection problem? Do you have TeaTimer or SDHelper (Spybot-SD's blocker for bad downloads") active? Have you tried clearing your cache, temp. files, and cookies in your browser? Find it under TOOLS and "INTERNET OPTIONS".

oohansel
2008-05-17, 19:25
i don't think it's a connection problem as there was no problem before spybot.

do i need to change spybot settings?

drragostea
2008-05-17, 19:52
Do you have TeaTimer or SDHelper (Spybot-SD's blocker for bad downloads") active? Have you tried clearing your cache, temp. files, and cookies in your browser? Find it under TOOLS and "INTERNET OPTIONS".

Have you cleaned your "browser tracks"? Also, do you have the latest version of Spybot-SD (1.5.2.20)? Perhaps a dated version may be conflicting.

oohansel
2008-05-18, 01:58
Have you cleaned your "browser tracks"? Also, do you have the latest version of Spybot-SD (1.5.2.20)? Perhaps a dated version may be conflicting.

i'm sorry i don't understand browser tracks.

yes i have the latest spybot.

no problem before installing spybot

drragostea
2008-05-18, 02:31
If Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 works fine then its good. But you can change settings in Spybot-SD in Advanced Mode. But I would strongly NOT recommend it if you are unfamiliar with ADVANCED MODE.

I usually call them "browser tracks"... :laugh: But REALLY. They are just your cache, temp. files, and cookies in your browser. I clean mine every time I shut-down my PC. You can clean them manually (more like clear them/delete) if you go to TOOLS and INTERNET OPTIONS. You can find the settings there. :cowboy:

oohansel
2008-05-18, 02:42
If Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 works fine then its good. But you can change settings in Spybot-SD in Advanced Mode. But I would strongly NOT recommend it if you are unfamiliar with ADVANCED MODE.

i had no problems with my yahoo inbox before i installed spybot

drragostea
2008-05-18, 02:44
So you use IE7 as your primary browser? Have you cleaned your "tracks" in your browser? You can consider alternatives to IE like Mozilla Firefox and Opera. However, the choice is up to you.

oohansel
2008-05-18, 02:51
yes i use IE7

i do all my online banking and purchases on IE are the others considered as safe?

drragostea
2008-05-18, 04:05
Hello again. Personally, I use Mozilla Firefox. Many FF users consider Firefox to be much safer, and faster than IE. My primary browser is Firefox, I only use IE for Microsoft Updates. I'm was just thinking. You can maybe run a test drive of Firefox. Hey, you may even access your Yahoo! mail :cowboy:. Give a try. If you don't like it change back to IE. Firefox offers a vast range of add-ons for browsing enhancement and skins.

Choice is up to you. Good luck.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/