PDA

View Full Version : Possible hacker...

smerrills
2008-05-17, 09:00
Hello, I've been having pc issues. Slowing and such, and random files being uploaded to random IP's from my pc. Then, I stumbled upon a file that just didnt belong. It took removing my hard drive, and using another pc in safemode in xp to remove the file, and any other files that were associated with it. I did a virus scan of the hard drive, and other such online scans, and nothing is on the PC now.

But my new firewall has been denying now for the last three days an IP range that is very specific. I do not recognize the IP range, and apparently it's trying to access Remote Desktop.

Is there a free IP changing software that is trustable? I'm sick of the warnings, and it's happening so often it's actualy slowing my PC. My firewall is showing warnings once every 30 seconds unless I reset my router. Then it takes a few minutes untill my IP is established again. But my IP does not change through my ISP. They do not offer a dynamic IP.

tashi
2008-05-17, 09:40
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the log/s requested with a link back to this one, as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards.