PDA

View Full Version : Default Download Location

homenet
2006-03-05, 14:07
OK, I've been using this app for quite some time and love it. It's helped me out of several jams! I often use a command line to make it as idiot proof as possible so my clients don't have the option of screwing it up ;) . My command goes like this: "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoimmunize /autocheck /autofix /autoclose

This works well but it will hang (sometimes) on the update. Sometimes, it will try to download the updates from a mirror that's not as fast or just not working. I have one that I use often, 'cause it seems to always work, and I'd like to be able to set that as a default location but not sure how to go about doing it. Any ideas?

Rob @ HomeNet
3-5-06
0806 EST

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-05, 14:29
I have one that I use often, 'cause it seems to always work, and I'd like to be able to set that as a default location but not sure how to go about doing it. Any ideas?
Go into Spybot > Update.
Click "Search for Updates".
Using the pull-down site selection menu (between the "Search for Updates" and "Download Updates" buttons) select the server.
Right click on the button and select "Set this server as the preferred download location"

homenet
2006-03-05, 16:52
Go into Spybot > Update.
Click "Search for Updates".
Using the pull-down site selection menu (between the "Search for Updates" and "Download Updates" buttons) select the server.
Right click on the button and select "Set this server as the preferred download location"

Ahh, sweet! That's no biggie but is there a way to do it via a switch, regkey tweak or a tweak to an .ini file, ect??? Not that I mind the way you told me but I'd like to know of other ways if they exist.

Thanks just the same... :bigthumb:

Rob @ HomeNet
3-5-06

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-05, 18:19
The entry is stored in the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD]
"PreferredUpdateMirror"="___________________"