PDA

View Full Version : Bad URL blocker doesn't work from time to time - Spybot 1.5.2

Ericus
2008-05-18, 19:21
Hello gentlemen,

I'm using Vista and Spybot 1.5.2.20. I checked only sdhelper in Resident Mode and I got this problem :

I disccovered that sometimes the bad url blocker stops working in internet explorer 7, without any reasons. The sd configuration still apears in tools menus but when I type a bad known url like "gueb.com" for example, one time it wills block it correctly, but sometimes the bad url blocker doesn' t block it.

Just after this, if I shut down and reload Internet Explorer, it works again. I checked that it could work fine at launch of IE, and many time after, without shutting down Internet Explorer, it could stop working.

I don't understand what happens. I have tried to uninstall completely Spybot and reinstall it several times, but i got still the same problem.

Notice i got Gdata antivirus 2008 and windows defender working at same time.

Does anyone have an issue to this problem, or the same problem as me ?

Thanks for you answers.

Ericus
2008-05-19, 21:07
Does anyone have an issue to this problem?

I wanted to say a solution to this problem . Sorry for my poor english :oops:

Ericus
2008-05-20, 13:22
For those who are interested of this post :

I discovered that : when I launch Internet Explorer the bad url blocker works correctly. But if i open a new window by clicking on a link or a new tab AND if I close the FIRST window or the FIRST tab, and after if I type for a test a bad url in the second remaining window or tab, the bad url blocker doesn't work anymore.

Notice that if I don't close the first window or tab, and if I surf on the second window or tab, the bad url blocker works.

Notice too that my antivirus continues to work at every moment and in every case.

Does anyone understand anything of this problem ?

Thanks for your contribution