PDA

View Full Version : scanning does not complete !!

nikos_lab
2008-05-20, 14:17
Hi
When I scan my system after a while (at about 110000/154829) the file that the program scans for (the names that appears next to the numbers) changes to "please wait scanning download di".
The scan is still running until it reaches the max 154829/154829 but never ends.
the message remains the same "(154829/154829:Please wait scanning download di" even after half an hour it still doesn't do anything!
please help
Respect
Nikos

spybotsandra
2008-05-20, 14:29
Hello,

There seems to be a problem with your download directory/directories.
At the end of the Spybot scan download directories are also scanned.
Please have a look at your download directory/directories and try to disable it/them.

You can do that this way:
Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Settings' - 'Directories' from the navigation bar on the left.
Then highlight your directory/directories by clicking on it/them.
Then make a rightclick on it/them and choose 'Remove the selected directory from the list'.
This should help to get the scan to work.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

robertdev
2008-06-07, 05:04
I just tried running a scan of my entire system including the entire C drive on a laptop with centrino core 2 duo processor and 16 gigs filled on a 200 gig hd. System has 2 gigs system memory running Vista home premium and SpyBot 1.5.2.20 fully updated. Scan to 156787 took about 20 minutes, but remainder of scan took 4 hours 40 minutes till I canceled it. Only had the Scanning download files and folders prompt during that time. Disabled AV and AdAware svc in background. Is there a way to better show the scanner's status while scanning files/folders specified in the Directory option?