PDA

View Full Version : Scan starts immediatly on startup!

lynnie64
2008-05-25, 02:49
I have used spybot before, but just recently updated. (I do have the advanced version where I can go into the "settings" feature.)
As soon as I turn my computer on and log onto my page, spybot starts a scan before it even lets the icons load. I have tried disabling this feature in settings, and I have all of the automated scan boxes unchecked.
However it still scans automatically on startup. I have to stop the scan and then close spybot before it will load my icons and taskbar. I would rather have it set so I can scan when I want to.
I have checked everything in my settings and can not see where I have it set to do this at startup. :scratch:
Can someone please tell me how to disable this feature? Am I missing something? I have thought of totally removing the program and reinstalling it, but am hoping there is an easier solution first. Any help would be much appreciated....thanks!

md usa spybot fan
2008-05-25, 05:35
lynnie64:

The problem is usually caused by denying the registry changes in TeaTimer when changing the automation for SpybotSD.exe.

To correct the problem:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. Check "Run program once at next system startup" and allow the registry change. Then check "No automation" and allow the registry change.
If you are running Spybot 1.4 refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files as follows:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

lynnie64
2008-05-25, 21:39
Thanks for your suggestion! I checked the "run program once at next system startup" and now it no longer scans. But it does open up the Spybot window now at each startup and I can't figure out how to make it quit doing that. I am running version 1.5.
As for the denied registry change in TeaTimer...I think I did that. I didn't know what was going on other than it popped up a window saying something was trying to change a registry. I thought it was something bad, so I hit "block" and to allows block it. Now it is in my "blocked" registry entry and I don't know how to unblock it? Is there a way to unblock something once you said to allways block it?
Or am I just going to have to uninstall the entire program and start all over?
Any additional help you may have would be appreciated!
Thanks!:)