PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a problem?

shorty45
2008-05-25, 19:30
This is my first post, please excuse if not in the correct forum.

On start up I am getting messages from TeaTime to allow or deny a couple of changes. Since it has been coming at a time that I'm not actively surfing the net or have added any new programs, I am denying the changes. But, every start up I get the same messages. I have not checked the box to remember this entry as I wasn't sure if I was doing the correct thing or not.

My only background information is that my son was surfing the web when spybot notified him to deny or accept a start page change. I told him to deny the change.

A day or two later on windows start up, we recieved the black screen concerning a problem and started with the best known configuration. From that point on at every start up we receive a message to deny or accept a BootExecute in Session Manger. We always deny and then get another message concering ExcludeFromKnownDlls. We deny that also.

I will print a portion of the log immediately before and then a few afterwards to see if I am making any sense.

5/16/2008 6:28:52 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "First Home Page" (new data: "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54843") added in Browser page!
5/17/2008 3:36:22 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "{DE625294-70E6-45ED-B895-CFFA13AEB044}" (new data: "") added in ActiveX Distribution Unit!
5/18/2008 1:17:22 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "BootExecute" (new data: "") deleted in Session manager!
5/18/2008 1:23:28 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "ExcludeFromKnownDlls" (new data: "") deleted in Session manager!
5/18/2008 1:35:16 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "BootExecute" (new data: "") deleted in Session manager!
5/18/2008 1:41:06 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "ExcludeFromKnownDlls" (new data: "") deleted in Session manager!
5/18/2008 1:50:21 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "BootExecute" (new data: "") deleted in Session manager!
5/18/2008 1:50:44 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "ExcludeFromKnownDlls" (new data: "") deleted in Session manager!

Do I have a problem? Should I deny and click for it to remember on both? Or just deny the first and allow the next?

Thank you.