PDA

View Full Version : Tea Timer Locks Files

mugz8391
2008-05-28, 05:02
I have seen this problem reported on other forums, but oddly enough, I cannot find a thread here.

I recently had to remove a program manually because somehow the entry was delted or never appeared in "Add / Remove Programs" (using Windows XP Pro). I was following the steps to try to remove it and was told to click on "unwise.exe" in the program folder, wich did not work either, so I had to manually delete the directory - but I could not do that because unwise.exe was being "used by another program". I had this problem on other occasions where I had maybe tried a piece of freeware, decided not to use it and wanted to delete it and could not, so I decided to try to track down the problem.

I downloaded a little utility called "unlocker" and discovered that Tea Timer seems to 'lock' every file I execute and keep it locked even after I terminate the program!

What is up with this? What is the point in this behavior?

Next I wondered if I had an up-to-date version of Tea Timer but I can't find any way to get the current version information.

Is this a bug?

Also, does anyone know why Tea Timer takes up so much CPU on startup?

honda12
2008-05-28, 11:32
Hi mugz8391,

Firstly what version of Spybot S&D are you running?

From Spybot Main Window > Help > About

The latest version is 1.5.2.20

mugz8391
2008-06-06, 18:01
My Spybot version is 1.4 - so I will upgrade, but how do I tell what version my tea timer is? Was this a known problem with tea timer that was corrected or something?

Again, this is an ongoing problem, at least for some people, and I was just surprised these issues did not seem to be being discussed here.

Is there a way of telling what version of tea timer I have?

mugz8391
2008-06-06, 18:37
OK... I downloaded and installed the new version of SpyBot and the problem is fixed.

I tested the old version by copying and pasting an executable to my desktop and deleting it. Next I ran the executable, closed the application, then tried to delete it and sure enough, it was locked.

I repeated the process after upgrading and it seems to be fine now.

:P

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-06, 18:56
mugz8391:

My Spybot version is 1.4 - so I will upgrade, but how do I tell what version my tea timer is? … Is there a way of telling what version of tea timer I have?
The current version of TeaTimer.exe that in installed with Spybot 1.5 2.20 (spybotsd152.exe) is TeaTimer.exe 1.5.2.16. To display a program version: Right click on the program and select Properties. When the Properties dialog opens, click the Version tab.

… Was this a known problem with tea timer that was corrected or something?

Again, this is an ongoing problem, at least for some people, and I was just surprised these issues did not seem to be being discussed here. …
I was never aware that there was a problem because I never experienced it. And as you said it was never discussed here (to the best of my knowledge).