PDA

View Full Version : windows automatic updates wont enable after virus

staces1
2008-05-30, 07:19
I have had a major virus infection which has taken considerable effort to clear. SpybotSD was a significant part of this fix - thanks:). Now I cant get Windows automatic upodate service to start or enable.
I have tried restarting the serice using services.msc and changing user and enabling HARd prilles but get same error = 1058.

A posting on the MS site suggests a virus ands suggests sending a forum a hijackthi log - so see attached.
Explorer is very slo onthis PC - thiough this may be to the many AV products i am using. I am also suspicious that I have a registry corruption as I havhad several blue screens lately.

tashi
2008-05-30, 07:33
Hello

A posting on the MS site suggests a virus ands suggests sending a forum a hijackthi log - so see attached.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing only the log/s requested and with a link back to this one. As helpers look for threads without a response this topic has been closed.

Regards. :)