PDA

View Full Version : SpyB ot 152

tiger2
2008-06-01, 14:47
#1- I just installed the SpyBot S&D and notice when I checked for updates that there were several updats to download. There were also three files that I did not know whether I should download or not. I did not download them. They were English description... 262kb; English help... 463kb and F/P fixex... 2kb. Do I 'really' need to download those three?

#2- Also, when I click on the SpyBot icon on the desktop, the SpyBot doesn't open immediately, but a little (loading) graph appears in the middle of the screen stating: Loading SpyBot. Is this the normal way that SpyBot opens?
Thanks for any help.

drragostea
2008-06-01, 17:40
tiger2, these updates are OPTIONAL as it is not required. But it depends on the user's decision. However, the F/P fix I would suggest you download as it fixes "false positives". :).

Well, when you see the "loading bars" it indicates that Spybot-SD is loading. It's not like other programs such as FF, IE, or notepad that open instantaneously. It is perfectly normal.

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-01, 18:44
tiger2:

I suggest that you download the follwing updates:
English descriptions - English target descriptions file (262 KB) - 2008-05-14
English help - English help file (463 KB) - 2008-01-23
Without those files:
You will get old and possible incomplete discriptions of problems you encounter if you use the display facility.
The help facility will not be up to date.