PDA

View Full Version : Sybot continually running

summer64
2008-06-05, 02:14
:) Good morning,

This is a little new to me so I hope I have the right forum. I was hoping someone was out there who could help me wjth my spybot program. I am having problems when starting up my computer. A couple of days I was asked if I wanted to update Flash Player. I denied and since then spybot keeps running on startup with little boxes continually running up the right side of my screen. The mesage in the little boxes read " Flash Player Update (Catergory System Startup user entry) based on your black list". The only way I can make it stop is by pressing central Alt and Delete, and in doing this I get the Windows Task Manager up. I press end task and the programs end. Any help would be really appreciated, it's getting a little annoying. Other than that spybot has been great, no other problems.

Many thanks from Australia
Summer64.

Zenobia
2008-06-05, 03:39
Which version of Spybot do you have?If you're unsure,click Help,then About.

drragostea
2008-06-05, 05:34
By this you mean Spybot's TeaTimer, it's Resident Shield.

--
In TeaTimer 1.5:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information: Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes". You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
--

Basically, you can "undo" the changes made by TeaTimer.

To sum it up, there should be a red X next to the entries in one of the four tabs.

Btw, what OS (Operating System) are you using?

melboy
2008-06-05, 08:52
with regards to the flash update, if its Adobe, you need (for your security) to be running the latest version; 9.0.124.0.

see Harry Waldrons MSMVPS Blog:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/29/adobe-flash-player-flaw-massive-exploitation-reported.aspx

summer64
2008-06-05, 13:01
Hi there melboy,

Thanks heaps for getting back to me so quickly. In regard to the Abode flash update I'll get on to updating it, I didn't realise it would cause me drama by not updating it.

Thanks once again and all the best,

Summer64.
:)