PDA

View Full Version : Help? The resident is confusing me.

sugarr
2008-06-05, 07:03
I apologize if I am confusing or asking in the wrong place.

My computer just got fixed because something wasn't working with the start up. When I took it in, they thought it was some corrupted file, although I never did hear the final result. As soon as I logged into my computer, spybots resident registry key detector key thing pops up, and I accidently pressed the deny button when I meant to press the accept button.

I read something about right clicking on the little icon with a box and a lock in the corner of the computer screen, and clicking on settings. It said that there you could undo any actions taken... it says that I haven't denied or accepted anything at all. However, the logs say '6/4/2008 4:35:01 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "KernelFaultCheck" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup global entry!'

Two questions: first of all, does anyone know if this is anything significant enough to worry about?

And secondly, how do you get the resident to show the actions you took that the logs show? o_o Am I missing something?...

spybotsandra
2008-06-05, 13:19
Hello,

There will only be entries in the black and white list if you have clicked "remember this decision" before. So i would suggest to perform the action again, the TeaTimer should ask you again for allow or deny.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

drragostea
2008-06-05, 19:43
To add to that... you can only undo the actions if you told TeaTimer to "remember that decision". Does a TeaTimer message still pop-up?

If I'm correct... right-click on the TeaTimer icon on the taskbar and click SHOW LOG.