PDA

View Full Version : signed off from internet sites after scan

joe2345
2008-06-06, 02:38
For some reason after every scan I'm being signed off of all my internet forums. It's not a huge problem but annoying to have to re-sign in to all of my forums I frequent. Any clue as to why this is happening and what settings I need to adjust to fix this.
Thanks.

drragostea
2008-06-06, 02:59
The information you provided is too vague.

Specify what scan you are running. An virus scan? An spyware?

What is your OS? Is it updated?

PepiMK
2008-06-06, 10:42
Hmmm... are you by chance an Opera user? Using Opera 9.5?

Opera 9.5 would be supported in Spybot-S&D 1.6 only, earlier Spybot-S&D versions might have trouble cleaning the cookie file.

joe2345
2008-06-06, 20:14
Sorry for the vague description.

I'm running Windows XP with SP2 (everything up to date)
Avast anti virus and Firefox browser. The problem only happens after I run the scan with Spybot S&D.

Terminator
2008-06-06, 20:45
Windows XP Service Pack 3 is out now so Install that and see what happens:).

Greyfox
2008-06-07, 00:46
For some reason after every scan I'm being signed off of all my internet forums. It's not a huge problem but annoying to have to re-sign in to all of my forums I frequent. Any clue as to why this is happening and what settings I need to adjust to fix this.
Thanks.

Joe,
You might like to check whether your scan is currently including usage tracking. Advanced Mode, Settings, File Sets. Look at the boxes right at the bottom of the list. Perhaps you could try scanning without the usage tracking. Right click anywhere in the File Sets white area and select spyware check only.