PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Keeps Informing Me of Same Change

evollbach
2006-03-10, 22:55
I'm running Win98. A few days ago I deliberately uninstalled wucrtupd.exe (Windows Update Notification) through Add/Remove Programs. (My mouse kept freezing on me, and I thought it might help to get rid of the notification. My mouse froze today, so I guess that wasn't it.) As it should, when I restarted my computer, Spybot asked whether to allow the change to my registry. I pressed ALLOW. When I turned on the computer the next day, Spybot again asked whether to allow this change. I pressed ALLOW. Every single time I have restarted my computer since then (I think three more times), Spybot continues to ask me the same question, and I press the same button.

Is there some way I can fix this?

Beth

Zenobia
2006-03-10, 23:44
Try this,and see if it works.Rightclick teatimer in the system tray,and shut it down.Now go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy and doubleclick Teatimer.exe.

evollbach
2006-03-11, 00:17
Rightclick teatimer in the system tray,and shut it down.Now go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy and doubleclick Teatimer.exe.
Hey, I think that worked. I followed your directions, then restarted my computer. No repeat from Spybot. Thanks.

Beth

Zenobia
2006-03-11, 00:42
You're welcome. :)