PDA

View Full Version : recurring problem error

crazy_is_good
2008-06-06, 14:44
It was recommeneded by a friend for me to use this program to help.
I opened an email from what I thought was from my cousin sometime last week and my pc has not moved the same since.
It came in spam folder and although I thought it strange I still opened it.
It contained some message about a link to a hotpage account and something else that I can't remember right now. I didn't go to the link and deleted the message.
But it apparently was a virus of some sort.
Anyway in trying to fix the problem, when i do the search and destroy, I keep getting the same error...MyWay.MyWebSearch located in Progrm Files and FunWebPage.
When I try to fix it, it says problem found and cannot be fixed.
It did fix it before but when I ran the search and destroy this morning it came back again.
Please Help!!!!

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-06, 14:58
crazy_is_good:

FunWebProducts and MyWay.MyWebSearch are PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs or Possibly Unwanted Programs). In other words your choice if you want to remove them or not.

If you want to remove them I suggest that you go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall "My Web Search". You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts. Also uninstall any of the following:
My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)
My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
Search Assistant - My Way
After you have uninstalled the programs, reboot your system and try another Spybot scan/fix.

After the Spybot scan completes, go into the C:\Program Files and delete these folders:
FunWebProducts
MyWebSearch

crazy_is_good
2008-06-10, 03:58
Thanks honey!
Since it is not a potential problem I'll keep it...any ideas y yahoo beta isn't loading properly?