PDA

View Full Version : Problems uninstalling

Sundancer2008
2008-06-08, 16:34
After uninstalling/installing several times I have noticed that even if I uninstall it is still in my 'Program Files". I tried to delete but keep getting the folloing msge 'Cannot delete because of adbcheck.dll - access refused'.

Everytime I have reinstall I get a msge advising me there is already a file and do I want to istall in that file. If I say no I cannot proceed with the installation.

I want to delete all traces of the file in 'program files'

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-08, 16:49
Sundancer2008:

Is the file actually advcheck.dll as opposed to "adbcheck.dll"? If so, it sounds as if you still had TeaTimer running when you attempted to uninstall. Try exiting TeaTimer and see if you can delete the folder. To exit TeaTimer:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
If that does not work try rebooting and deleting the folder.

Sundancer2008
2008-06-08, 16:53
Extra note:

Have succeded in deleting everything but 2 items.

1. Advcheck.dll because access refused

2. Tea Timer it has a padlock on it and cannot be deleted because of advcheck

Sundancer2008
2008-06-08, 19:09
The file actually says:

advcheck.dll
dateiuberprufungs-bibliothek

Also I cannot go on Spybot's Tea Timer because I have already uninstalled.

Sundancer2008
2008-06-10, 04:02
I am not having any luck.

As I mentionned above when I uninstalled spybot S&D, in my Disc C I am left with:

advcheck.dll
dateiuberpraugungs-bibliothek

A few seconds ago a window opened up for me to open the file and it said extension of application, FROM: c:/Program Files/Spybot-Search&Destroy. But it also warned me that it could damage my computer.

Do I open it or not.

The other thing I cannot remove for the Program Files is:

JQXJSNYTDRZQZM.scr
ecran de veille
2049 Ko

I am far from a computer expert and don't have the faintest idea what to do. Also my initial problem of when I open my white/black list there are only two buttons at the top 'help' and 'archive log' there are no other buttons.

I have been using your program for quite a while before downloaded the 1.5.4.5 version without the slightest problem and liked it very much. However now I am not sure any more.

Your help will be much appreciated.

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-10, 06:11
Extra note:

Have succeded in deleting everything but 2 items.

1. Advcheck.dll because access refused

2. Tea Timer it has a padlock on it and cannot be deleted because of advcheck
You have to exit TeaTimer before you can delete either Advcheck.dll or TeaTimer.exe.

TeaTimer's icon is actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident" and should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray). It looks like a document or window with a padlock in the lower left hand corner. Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.

… Also my initial problem of when I open my white/black list there are only two buttons at the top 'help' and 'archive log' there are no other buttons. …
That was covered in you previous thread:
Black List
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29055

2008-06-10, 06:20
The file actually says:

advcheck.dll
dateiuberprufungs-bibliothek

Also I cannot go on Spybot's Tea Timer because I have already uninstalled.

Are you sure it is not in your system tray?

I hope this might help, otherwise spybot fan would know more.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html