PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 1.4 "0 problems found"

the$#!Za.
2006-03-11, 14:34
Hi Spybot crew and fellaz.

I've been using Spybot 1.3 all this time and thanks for the great simple to use program and constant updates, very nice.

I just decided to install Spybot 1.4 (NOT that I was having problems with 1.3), and I downloaded and installed the updates.

However, when I check-for-problems, on the status bar below where it usually shows the checking, it just shows "unknown" for about 5 seconds, then says "0 problems found" message, whereas 1.3 used to take few minutes and not 5 seconds, and actually displayed in the status bar the searching.

Am I missing something?? Does anyone else experience this? As I'm pretty positive it isn't really scanning at all.

Thanks all, appreciate it,
Ash.

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-11, 16:15
Several people have reported similar problems after installing.

Did you update after installing and before attempting a scan?
Go into Spybot > Update.
Click "Search for Updates" .
Check everything found.
Click "Download Updates".

Did you exit and restart Spybot after the updates and before scanning?

If you have the latest updates, go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode (say "Yes" to the warning if necessary) > Settings > File Sets. Make sure that everything is checked except the possibly the last two items. The last two items are "Usage Tracks" and should only be checked if you want to check for them (I personally don't). The first of these two items (Usage Tracking) lists IE Cache (temporary internet files), Common Dialogs, Cookies and some Logs. The second is other "Usage Tracks".

If you still have a short scan time, download and install the updates manually as follows:
Download and execute the update file (spybotsd_includes.exe) from safer-networking.org:
Downloads – Home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
Detection updates 2006-03-10 - product description
md5: B3D987DACF8BB897DE99C0D5F17E73C8

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

The direct link is:
http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe

the$#!Za.
2006-03-12, 04:05
Hey md usa spybot fan.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you're right, might of had to just close and relaunch Spybot after updating, as after I restarted my computer, it still says "unknown" for the first 2 seconds, then starts properly scanning and displaying in status bar.

Anyways, with Spybot 1.4, I notice when it gets to the last 5000 items to scan out of about 36000, roughly near the ZWAX (or whatever it is) item, it just zooms through the last 5000 in about 2 seconds, way too much quicker than when actually scanning 5000 items, so not sure if it IS actually scanning the last 5000. Is this normal ??

I'll re-install 1.3 and see if it is the same there, as I really can't remember.

Cheers,
Ash.

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-12, 05:39
re: Skipped checks.

See the following thread:
Why does bot-ckeck jump from 29800 to 34177?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1796