PDA

View Full Version : intermitent internet:isp?nic?router?cat 5?software?maleware?greyware?zonealarm?virus?

moshy
2008-06-09, 10:38
intermitent internet:isp?nic?router?cat 5?software?maleware?greyware?zonealarm?virus?

hello i am new to using HJT and do not have a copy of my os disk as this system was bought used from a pc store .with a fresh install of xp sp3
i would rathere have guidance then folly and 20/20 hindsight ,10/10 foresight is much prefered.

(dedicated user of spybot S&D since 1998/99 or ver 1.2)
i have approxmiatly 8 yrs of personal network and computer metinence experince of several different systems and operating systems 95,98,me,xp ;compaq,gateway,dell,hp,personal builds

i have done a preboot scan with advanced detections using spybot and cleared all things i know to be bad or melishious and googeled those that i didnt. ran a full booted os scan cleared all cookies ~ java aplets, bho's
cleared all offline content ,uninstalled all old unused unwanted softwares
i am curently running free zone alarm version 7.0.473.000 behind a linksis router set up as a gateway with a cloned mac id dhcp over mediacom isp 10 down 1.5 up testeted 8 Mbyte/s down 900kbyte/s up .

i have released and renewed my router,my surfboard,my comp ;repair conection dose not fix the problem however logging of the defualt admin profile and back on corects my isue with lack of internet conection, conection tested thru several games and IE. "no conection"<<it is an intermitent problem and has only started since i started using my router again witch had been in the garage for 3+ years due to not needing it [havnt checked for updated firmware since 2002] yes it is password secured from a fresh reset before internet accses was applied to the wan
now the funny part of all this is even with out the router in line i still have the intermitent conection (note i have internet phone on the same ip account with a seperate box defualted into my internet surfboard) in explination the phone is still working! and goes thru the same node on the same channel as dose the internet."still fighting with mediacom about that one"
right about now your probly thinking i am having colisions on my router right ?
i am the only one pluged into it so there shouldnt be many colisions unless it is a deliberate outsider attack.
something of note is that both my router and surfboard are considerably hoter then thy have ever been in the past .
especialy since thy are not inclosed but are sitting in a well ventilated area
i replaced both of my cat 5 cabels with new out the package ones as the old ones where well old and tatered starting to turn green and oxidise inside the clips.
i have heard rumors of heat related problems on thease network boxes in the past but letting them cool off with no power dose not restore inernet as definded in those articels

in summary iv done what i know to do and still have internet conectivity problem. heres my HJT logs for your review as i dont know much about the registry its a taboo for me . if i even open the regestry editor i plan on reformating the next day since bad things have always happened when i have done so in the past.
i have not applyed any HJT fixes "limited knowledge"
i have not virus scaned "checking out HJT first"
please review HJT log and send any suspisous entries to my email address regestered with this account

"xpnetdiag.exe" AKA :network diagnostic
Last diagnostic run time: 06/09/08 03:06:47 HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
last time i had conectivity isues i ran this from the default no conection page and had all kinds of errors. it also took a very long time to run ended up killing the test thinking it was hung afte 30 minets and still wasnt done testing
it was the previous boot/logon logoff.

:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:41:00 AM, on 6/9/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1212096181203
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--
End of file - 3227 bytes
thank you very much for taking the time to review my HJT log
could you refresh my memory what is the ms-dos command for checking the status of open closed inuse ports? i keep thinking netbios but its been so long or was it netstat ~shrugs~ & ~waves~ thank yah

moshy
2008-06-09, 13:06
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Monday, June 09, 2008 4:56:01 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 9/06/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 841667

Scan Settings
Scan using the following antivirus database extended
Scan Archives true
Scan Mail Bases true

Scan Target Folders
C:\

Scan Statistics
Total number of scanned objects 42205
Number of viruses found 3
Number of infected objects 4
Number of suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan process 00:42:19

Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008060920080610\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\~DFA2A6.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\User\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\downloads\frostwire downloads\music mp3\wanted disturbed.mp3 Infected: Trojan-Downloader.WMA.Wimad.n skipped

C:\downloads\various codecs\DivX5ProOnlyCodec.exe/Gain_Trickler.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Gator.3102 skipped

C:\downloads\various codecs\DivX5ProOnlyCodec.exe Vise: infected - 1 skipped

C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AFC567EF-EC6D-4FD9-B26F-2495C389634D}\RP12\A0004485.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.dzm skipped

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AFC567EF-EC6D-4FD9-B26F-2495C389634D}\RP21\change.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\fwdbglog.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\fwpktlog.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\USER-24FB6C3A5B.ldb Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.idx Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT04fa5.TMP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT04fa8.TMP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

deleted "C:\downloads\frostwire downloads\music mp3\wanted disturbed.mp3 " makes me wonder if the othere videos of that same gurl dancing are infected as well under different names? who should i send the files to for further inspection?

deleted " C:\downloads\various codecs\DivX5ProOnlyCodec.exe "

searched and unfound
" C:\downloads\various codecs\DivX5ProOnlyCodec.exe/Gain_Trickler.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Gator.3102 " was it the same file? and could it be cleaned up for use?

dont know what to do with/to it
"C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AFC567EF-EC6D-4FD9-B26F-2495C389634D}\RP12\A0004485.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.dzm " can i just delet it or is the information it contains vital to proper volume control?

hope i scaned it corectly!
once again thank you very much