PDA

View Full Version : preventative Recommendations

JT3137
2008-06-09, 20:45
Hi,
I've removed viruses from my friends computer before with help from this forum and i've even reformatted and reinstalled once to remove viruses. He keeps getting himself infected! and of course, I can never get him to tell me what he's doing to get infected. :) Are there any good measures to take and programs to install before hand, to keep him from getting infected and protect him from himself?

Thanks in advance,:hair:

JT

Blade81
2008-06-11, 15:34
Hi

It's easier to say if I know what protection your friend has at the moment.

Download and install TrendMicro HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe)
* Once installed open HijackThis by clicking Start > Programs > HijackThis and click the button labeled
Do a system scan only

* Click the scan button in the lower left hand corner of the interface and HijackThis will quickly scan your system.
* Once the scan is complete the scan button will now read save log. Click this button to save the log file to your PC. Once you select where you would like to save the file it will open in your systems default text editor. Typically this application is Notepad. Post the log here.