PDA

View Full Version : downloads

Bedouin
2008-06-10, 18:46
This is more of a general question (and probably a silly question!):
After having downloaded an installation programme (spybotsd152.exe), AND INSTALLED IT, can I delete the download?
Thank you - Jonathan

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-10, 19:25
Bedouin:

After the installation the spybotsd152.exe is no longer required. If need the 9.27 MB of space that it occupies, feel free to delete it.

I personally retain the installation programs for my current software just in case I want to re-install for some reason.

Bedouin
2008-06-10, 21:47
Thank you as always.
Anyway - should I consider downloading the new 1.6 soon?

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-10, 23:37
Bedouin:

The Spybot 1.6 is a beta release. See the following to understand the terminology:
Software release life cycle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle
Participating in a beta testing carries some risks. However, it gives you an opportunity to test how a proposed new release will react running in/on your environment. In addition it gives opportunity to influence, to a limited extent, the features that a final release of a product may have.

Getting back to your original query; if you are going to participate in the beta test of Spybot 1.6, I suggest that you retain the installation program for Spybot 1.5.2.20 (spybotsd152.exe) in case you encounter problems with the beta testing and find it necessary to reinstall the current production release.

drragostea
2008-06-11, 04:21
Basically the beta of 1.6 gives you a taste or a look of the upcoming release. Be warned that betas are not perfect like the final release. There can be bugs and glitches. If you plan to try out for the beta... I would suggest you try it when the RC (Release Candidate) comes out. It would be near perfect.