PDA

View Full Version : Spybot crashed my computer -HELP!!

andycake
2008-06-10, 20:54
Hi

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Today I used Spybot to get rid of some malware. After the scan it said it had removed most of the affected items but 4 items could not be removed until after a restart. It then asked if I wanted Spybot to run after the restart, to which I clicked yes. The computer then took a long time to log off and close down, before restarting. Spybot did not launch and, although everything appears to have loaded correctly, NOTHING works! No programs at all.

I have tried restaring in Safe Mode, but this makes no difference! I am unable to do anything!

Can anyone give me any advice.

Thanks
Andrew

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-10, 21:05
andycake (Andrew):

... I am unable to do anything! ...
It appears that you were able register and access this site, unless you are posting from another system.

What is the Operation system of the computer that you are experiencing the problem with? What exactly is it that you can/can't do on that system?

andycake
2008-06-10, 21:37
Hi and thanks for your reply,

I am accessing this site from another computer.

After the computer being switched off for about 30 minutes, when switched back on it loaded correctly. However, the following popped up:

'OSA9.EXE Application Error
The instruction at "0x00409d04 referenced memory at 0x00171000. The memory could not be read. Click here to close the application'

When I closed it the same thing happened as before, so, after a restart, the next time I left it and was able to open IE - however, it started opening new tabs every few seconds, which I was unable to stop. Closing IE made no difference - had to swith the computor off by holding the On button down.

Have not switched it on since.

I have XP SP2.

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-11, 04:46
andycake:

The only thing that I can suggest is that you attempt to do a system restore to a restore point before the problem started.